Pattern Reviews> Cutting Line Designs> 42201 (Farewell to Arms)

Review submitted in 2012 Fabric Stash Contest Contest

Last Updated:1/25/12 7:58 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
marec said... (1/26/12 12:43 PM) Reply
This is a wonderful shirt, and I like it as much or more than the original. I love the seam detail and the little pocket. Very impressive and inspiring work.
Christas said... (1/25/12 8:10 PM) Reply
Ooooooh!!! The newest version is wonderful! I always enjoy seeing what you are sewing.
Annette1 said... (12/19/10 7:45 PM) Reply
Boy, after seeing your shirt, I'm thinking I may NEED this pattern, too. I think the reason I like yours so much is that you've fitted it through the shoulders, instead of it being oversized. It's VERY flattering and expertly tailored, as well!
lynne1nor said... (12/16/10 3:47 PM) Reply
That's a really lovely shirt on you!
Karine said... (12/15/10 4:08 PM) Reply
I'm a big fan of Louise Cutting's patterns. I love how she comes up with techniques that are absolutely brilliant. Your shirt is really lovely and looks great on you. Nice job!
RLL said... (12/15/10 11:04 AM) Reply
Your shirt looks great. Whatever your mystery fabric is it sure looks nice. I made this top a couple of years ago and used the totally wrong fabric choice and it was awful (my fault). I was so dissappointed that I put the pattern away. I need to revisit it with more appropriate fabric as I really do like the style. I did not like that the back was longer than the front (my quirk) but that is an easy fix. Thanks for bringing this back to my attention.
Woolygal said... (12/15/10 8:13 AM) Reply
Louise has some great tips on her instructions. If you've ever made her collar, you wouldn't do it any other way. You did a wonderful job on this shirt.
Peggy L said... (12/15/10 7:13 AM) Reply
Great looking shirt. I have never tried one of these patterns but every comments on her great instructions. I'll be on the lookout:)
Aixoise said... (12/14/10 9:09 PM) Reply
Louise Cutting's instructions for the construction of her patterns are the best! They make me smile every time I use them. Your shirt looks terrific. Congrats on a great job, and thanks for the tips about her sales. Must check out her website regularly!
FreyaStark said... (12/14/10 8:27 PM) Reply
A nice shirt - I have often thought about it making it myself but never quite got there. Thanks for a useful review.
Christas said... (12/14/10 7:55 PM) Reply
I am not familiar with this pattern company, but really love the shirt you have made from her pattern. The "mystery fabric" looks so nice and stylish sewn into this top! Very nice review!

Shapes Nine Lives Vest Pattern