Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 195: Sweater Set

Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:1/25/11 2:09 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
JETrinity said... (1/27/11 6:27 PM) Reply
I love your idea of the decorative stitches. Got to try this out.
Lucy in Virginia said... (1/26/11 11:05 AM) Reply
In answer to antiquelvr56: No, I did not stabilize the knit first, but I did test it on some scraps first to see if the knit could support the stitch and if it would give me a look that I liked. The test scrap was enough to convince me I could do it. The stitching along the front sides is on a single layer. On the sleeves and hem, it's on a double layer of fabric, so is supported more. This was a fairly stable knit, another would have required stabilizer.
antiquelvr56 said... (1/26/11 10:39 AM) Reply
I love the idea of your decorative stitches & I have those same buttons (just saving them for something special ;-) Glad to see how nicely the stitch turns out on the poly knit as I didn't realize that it was stable enough for that type of stitch. Did you have to stabilize your fabric ?? Anyway, you should be very proud of your work, it looks beautiful!
JEF said... (1/26/11 9:13 AM) Reply
Love the decorative stitching.
Kayabunga said... (1/26/11 7:22 AM) Reply
Your decorative stitching looks awesome on this sweater and I like your approach to buttons. :) Nice job!

More Knits