Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2091 (DKNY dress View C)

Viewed 2013 times
Reviewed by:Oziroo

About Oziroostar
Member since: 9/7/03
Posted on:6/26/04 8:30 PM
Last Updated:6/27/04 0:03 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
AuntieShel said... (6/29/04 12:50 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this view of this pattern. I've had this pattern for a while and not made it yet. I thought the neckline looked quite low--now I know for sure. I think underarm gussets are such a nice touch--one of Donna Karan's very first Vogue patterns back in the 80's was tops with underarm gussets--wish I had held on to that pattern. They're time consuming, but worth it, I think. Beautiful dress.
KathleenS said... (6/29/04 3:54 AM) Reply
Great dress which should be very useful. The slip inset at the neckline is a very popular look at the moment. Thanks for the helpful review.
Ann Smith said... (6/27/04 7:45 PM) Reply
I made this dress a few years back and also found it extremely low cut. I added a bit of crocheted lace stitched on to the underside which solved the problem beautifully. It is a great dress.
AnneM said... (6/27/04 6:20 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! Thanks for lightening the picture. I thought you had sewn in an inset at the neckline; either way it looks good that way. Looks like a very interesting pattern all around; thanks for the review. And I just missed the pattern sale!
Teri said... (6/27/04 11:19 AM) Reply
What a nice dress. Like drsue, I have not noticed this pattern yet. I really like it. Thanks for the very informative review.
JDpenelope said... (6/27/04 9:36 AM) Reply
Thanks for lightening the photo, so we can see the details. Quite an accomplishment.
drsue said... (6/27/04 9:27 AM) Reply
What a great dress!!! I haven't ever noticed this pattern before. Underarm gussets are notoriously difficult to make but result in beautiful raglan sleeves with no wrinkles. I can't even image how hard they are with a knit fabric.
alicia said... (6/27/04 8:55 AM) Reply
What a great dress. It looks so comfortable. I'm 5'4" too so your advice will help if I can convince my DH that I really don't have THAT much of a pattern stash...
Meredith P said... (6/27/04 7:13 AM) Reply
Wow! I never would have given this pattern a second glance. Yours looks great!
Danvillegirl said... (6/27/04 6:33 AM) Reply
Looks good:)
CarolynGM said... (6/27/04 6:32 AM) Reply
This dress looks wonderful on you. Thanks for lightening it so we can see the detail better.
jlg said... (6/27/04 6:19 AM) Reply
How great that you reviewed this. I picked up this pattern this week at the Hancock's Vogue sale. It looks great on you.
Tini said... (6/27/04 2:51 AM) Reply
The dress is really beautiful and your picture is much better than the envelope, where you can't see all the details at the neckline!
PVA said... (6/27/04 1:27 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress -- thanks for this review. I've always thought the underarm gusset made for a very flattering raglan sleeve. Haven't seen that in a pattern for a very long time! I'll have to take a close look at this pattern. (So much fabric, so little time!)
Mary Reed said... (6/27/04 0:18 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for reviewing this pattern. Although I noticed it, I didn't really consider it. Your review made me look again. It looks wonderful on you.

Understanding Interfacings