Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Reviewed by:Mazzygirl

About Mazzygirlstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 4/28/10

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:12/18/10 8:53 PM
Last Updated:12/18/10 10:04 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants

Mazzygirl said... (1/2/11 6:59 PM) Reply
Silknmore, don't know the percentage, but I would have said this denim had not much stretch. it was a reasonably firm denim, but there's enough stretch in it to make these comfortable. hope that makes sense? I think the key with this pattern is you need SOME stretch, & chose your size according to how much stretch ur dealing with (which can be hit & miss at times!!) . The previous 2 pair I made I used some fairly stretchy denim, so I have to wear a belt with them as the get too loose over time... Because of that this latest pair is my favourite...
Silknmore said... (1/1/11 9:19 AM) Reply
Beautifully done. Could you tell me how much stretch the denim has or was that not an issue in choosing the fabric or making the pants? Hope mine turn out so well.
Nancy Rhodes said... (12/20/10 8:17 PM) Reply
I am beginning to think the US Govt. is going to have to dispense with TARP funds for the Jeans industry... Jalie is going to put them ALL out of business! Just a Fab Job!
MNBarb said... (12/20/10 7:21 AM) Reply
This is just a great pattern. I like your low-rise, dark denim version. Now that you have the fit all mastered you can make many more.
Vonnevo said... (12/19/10 10:31 PM) Reply
Mazzygirl, you are a gem ! Thanks so much :)
Mazzygirl said... (12/19/10 3:07 PM) Reply
Vonnevo, I had a look & its the 100% Lint free cotton. (Thread Emb Silco 700mt (044006)) as you can see, not many colours to choose from which is a shame, as its so nice to sew with.
JEF said... (12/19/10 10:11 AM) Reply
They look fantastic and I love your topstitching and back pocket!!!
Vonnevo said... (12/19/10 8:44 AM) Reply
Thanks MazzyGirl, I'll look out for SILCO. A quick Google showed it is a Birch product.
Mazzygirl said... (12/19/10 6:03 AM) Reply
Vonnevo, I got that from my local store out at Strathpine, its a SILCO brand (also says "wonderfil" on the label) & is a 700m reel (which cost about $5). not many colour choices though, I've bought black & white. Its not as heavy as top-stitching thread, but its about twice as thick as regular thread & sews up beautifully.
Vonnevo said... (12/19/10 1:50 AM) Reply
Mazzygirl, these Jalie's look fabulous ! Love your pocket embroidery !!!! Where do you buy heavy matt white embroidery thread in Brissie?
mesewlot said... (12/19/10 1:02 AM) Reply
Great job on your jeans! I bought this pattern and I can't wait to make my first pair of REAL jeans. :)
Christas said... (12/18/10 11:50 PM) Reply
No wonder you have another pair cut out. You'll never have to buy RTW jeans again since the ones you sew look so amazing!
annelouise said... (12/18/10 9:40 PM) Reply
What fabulous jeans, they fit you perfectly and look like high end rtw
RockNRoll said... (12/18/10 9:29 PM) Reply
they are fantastic!! Love the embroidery on the pockets!
Terri A said... (12/18/10 9:05 PM) Reply
Great make and nice details!

Folkwear 240