Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5007 (gore skirt)

Reviewed by:Lisa Laree

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
AL USA
Posted on:6/26/04 9:36 PM
Last Updated:5/3/06 8:32 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
AnneM said... (5/4/06 5:53 AM) Reply
Nice new version. It looks like a great fabric for this style.
Em's Summer said... (5/3/06 8:08 PM) Reply
That is lovely!
Elemenopeo said... (5/3/06 12:12 PM) Reply
Very nice new rendition. I can see why you love this skirt.
Sew Jane said... (1/14/06 8:51 PM) Reply
Love the morphed gore skirt! Very creative. Thanks for the inspiring update.
Gillian said... (1/14/06 2:24 PM) Reply
I just saw this review and I have to mention that the outfit you made with the buttermilk print looks really nice on you. Great job on the other skirts and all of your pattern mods.
Frogstitcher said... (12/30/05 10:30 AM) Reply
Very pretty skirt and outfit.
AnneM said... (6/27/04 4:37 PM) Reply
Wow, Lisa, what a stunning outfit on you. I would definitely say wear them together; I think it looks spectacular and elegant. Certainly makes this pattern look appealing; great job.
Rustybobn said... (6/27/04 11:06 AM) Reply
That's beautiful, Lisa! You've really done some nice tops with that Vogue Pattern. Love them together, too!
kbrock said... (6/27/04 11:04 AM) Reply
Great outfit! I just love this pattern too, at last count I have 8 skirts from this one! You are dead on right about skirt length - except for me at 5'8" it's nice because I don't have to fiddle with lengthening LH patterns. Great job!
CarolynGM said... (6/27/04 10:54 AM) Reply
Good looking outfit. I don't see why you shouldn't wear the top with the skirt. Sounds like I won't need to lengthen the skirt when I make it.
Mini said... (6/27/04 10:40 AM) Reply
The matching top and skirt together looks sophisticated and slimming. It reminds me of some of the vintage gored dresses from the 1930's. This combo would look good in stretch velvet for a dressy occasion. Personally, I like the skirt version without godets best.
cindyann said... (6/27/04 9:47 AM) Reply
Very pretty. Every time I see this skirt reviewed, I can't imagine why I haven't gotten the pattern yet. It always looks so much better than the envelope pics. I love this length on you.
jlg said... (6/27/04 9:08 AM) Reply
Thanks, Lisa. This has been really helpful.
Lisa Laree said... (6/27/04 7:37 AM) Reply
Let me think...I believe the swing skirt might have just a tad more ease through the hips, but then I've gained a wee bit of weight :( , so this may just feel a little more snug because of that. Actually, if I'm brutally honest, this may only work on my current shape due to the stretch in the fabric...it might be snug in a woven...so that could account for the lack of gathers at the top, too. But, Loes's garments are usually drafted w/minimal waist ease -- just enough to pull it over the hips. In a stretchy knit garment, you can even get away with a waist that is a little smaller than your hips, so there's less fabric to pull in at the waist. It's definitely fuller around the hem than the swing skirt, and the flare starts higher up. It's 2 inches or so longer than the swing skirt, which grazes my ankles w/o alteration.
jlg said... (6/27/04 6:16 AM) Reply
Lisa, you look great in this outfit. I am so glad that you reviewed this version; I've been deliberating on making this in a black rayon/lycra. How does the fit through the hips compare to the swing skirt?
ChrisK said... (6/27/04 1:58 AM) Reply
Lisa, I love your skirt, I have bought lots of RTW skirts in the same style. Did you find there was a lot of fabric gathers at the waist? Yours looks like it's sitting very smoothly. Both skirt and top look fab! This looks like it's a 'must have' pattern.
PVA said... (6/27/04 1:40 AM) Reply
Wow, Lisa, I love the hang of that skirt! Beautiful and elegant! Thanks for the review! Great use of that vogue top -- wouldn't know it was the same pattern!
Elona said... (6/27/04 0:24 AM) Reply
Lisa, the skirt length looks quite elegant on you. Nice work!
touran said... (6/26/04 11:50 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful outfit. You look radiant. I've been thinking about modifying vogue 7799 for a collarless look. Thanks for showing yours.
Jennifer shaw said... (6/26/04 11:07 PM) Reply
Wow! You look so pretty with your great ensemble and pretty smile. Thanks for the great review.
Karen Bowers said... (6/26/04 10:45 PM) Reply
great job, lisa! and you look like you're getting quite comfortable with your great new hairstyle!

by: petro