Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

SRI LANKA
Member since: 7/2/03
Posted on:12/24/10 10:03 AM
Jali said... (1/2/11 6:53 AM) Reply
Yes, Bonnie123. This is completely wrong for the northern hemisphere at this time of the year. I am writing from Singapore where its cool from monsoonal rains right now so I wear a shrug over the dress to keep warm. I am never known to sew seasonally appropriate clothing anyhow. Stay warm!
Bonnie123 said... (12/31/10 12:31 PM) Reply
Nice....obviously you are outside of the States to wear a dress so beautiful during this time of the year! :)
ClaireEmily said... (12/29/10 4:17 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress and excellent review!
janet said... (12/25/10 2:46 PM) Reply
beautiful dress and excellent fitting tutorial. Love your seam finishes. You should be extremely proud of your dress.
cindy-lou said... (12/25/10 1:50 PM) Reply
Just beautiful, inside and out. Thank you for the inspiration!
Diane333 said... (12/25/10 9:57 AM) Reply
Very beautifully sewn and worn.
Jali said... (12/24/10 8:22 PM) Reply
Thank you for your kind comments everyone. ggf2005 What I used was an invisible actually and I am not the best at attaching those even with the foot. I get mixed results. Sometimes they turn out well, sometimes they don't. Am working on this. crwritt I used the poly as it was the only thing I had handy and also somehow loving the feel of satin rather than batiste. I do need to learn to match my fabrics better especially with the linings and get some more suitable ones too.FreyaStark Phahurat left me with lovely memories. I was a little dumbstruck with the ready availability of affordable but pretty fabric.
AuntieShel said... (12/24/10 4:27 PM) Reply
Oh, this dress is just so adorable! Fabulous job!!! And the fabric is darling, too!
Re Becca said... (12/24/10 3:09 PM) Reply
Very well done! fabulous use for a lovely piece of coffee.
FreyaStark said... (12/24/10 3:08 PM) Reply
A lovely dress, and an excellent use of that fabric. It looks great without the belt. Isn't Phahurat wonderful?
crwritt said... (12/24/10 1:19 PM) Reply
I like how your dress came out, love a border print and they're so hard to come by. I'm wondering why you would line a cotton dress with polyester?
ggf2005 said... (12/24/10 1:11 PM) Reply
I love your dress, the border print looks amazing. If you don't have the concealed/invisible zipper (manufacturer's metal foot) foot for your machine, I highly recommend investing in one. You will never want to use regular zippers again because they go in so much quicker and neater! I bought the two that fit my Viking and I use invisible zippers almost exclusively.
dingyadi said... (12/24/10 11:02 AM) Reply
That is such a pretty dress - the style and fabric are lovely.
lamstu said... (12/24/10 11:02 AM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful - Fabulous use of the border print!
no7262 said... (12/24/10 10:19 AM) Reply
You really did an amazing job on this dress! Love all the finishing work you did! Nora :)

by: Vandoels