Pattern Reviews> Burda> 2691 (Pajamas)

Reviewed by:rivergum

About rivergumstarstarstarstar
Member since: 12/17/06
Posted on:1/2/11 4:19 PM
Last Updated:1/2/11 4:34 PM
See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew    Mens - Sleepwear / Loungewear    Loungewear
Available for sale on PR: $8.96 $11.95 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $8.96 $11.95 Pattern Details

Other Projects by rivergum using this Pattern

carolynw said... (2/9/11 9:22 PM) Reply
So very pretty - the price of nice PJs is ridulous and making them especially as nice as yours is definitely a big plus!!
JETrinity said... (1/3/11 12:30 PM) Reply
I just made a dress (Vogue 8382) out of TANA LAWN COTTON BY LIBERTY LONDON. Probably the best cotton you can sew. http://www.bandjfabrics.com/servlet/the-Cotton-cln-Liberty-of-London-cln-Tana-Lawn/Categories
Diane333 said... (1/3/11 10:20 AM) Reply
Your PJ's are beautiful, love the color and the fit.
Christas said... (1/2/11 9:40 PM) Reply
I love these! They look beautifully sewn and so comfortable (pretty too)!
Terri A said... (1/2/11 9:21 PM) Reply
Well besides that your pajamas are great, I think your garden sounds enviable! Those possums drive me bananas tho! That and slugs or chickens doing damage...
rivergum said... (1/2/11 8:58 PM) Reply
ButtonFaith, the size runs pretty big. I used a medium, and i am 12 on top and 14 bottom with the Big 4. I have lots of room, and I like it that way. :-)
FreyaStark said... (1/2/11 8:19 PM) Reply
Another good pyjama fabric is cotton jersey. Years ago I had some in jersey from Victoria's Secret and they were fantastic to wear - warm, soft and comfortable. Fashion Fabrics Club (cheap prices but expensive shipping) or Fjolner in Denmark (higher prices but great quality) both offer nice cotton jersey.
ButtonFaith said... (1/2/11 7:03 PM) Reply
Lovely pjs! I liked your so much I went and bought the pattern! Can you tell me how the size runs? Thanks!
Michelle T said... (1/2/11 7:02 PM) Reply
I love the piping. It is funny how some are PJ people and other's nighty people. I tend to wear PJ's as lounge wear and take them off when I go to bed. This looks like a nice pattern. Have you seen the silk cotton blends? I think they would make lovely Summer PJ's. Maybe not last more than a year or two, but that is okay for me.
FreyaStark said... (1/2/11 4:49 PM) Reply
Lovely pyjamas. I completely agree with you about PJs versus nighties. The only snag is that nighties are much quicker and easier to run up. I make them out of either Hawaiian poplin from sources in Hawaii or Liberty lawn, available cheaply from Shaukat (shaukat.co.uk) or eBay.co.uk. Liberty fabrics are too expensive for making pyjamas unless bought at a discount, but those sources are great. Also, unfortunately, their lawn is not hard-wearing. Spotlight currently has good lightweight cottons, including a Japanese range of intimation Liberty lawn and others, e.g. lightweight poplin.