Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:12/23/10 6:57 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
Clareew said... (3/4/11 8:36 AM) Reply
Thank you Beth5646. It is a good show coat
beth5646 said... (3/3/11 3:03 PM) Reply
I am getting ready to cut out this pattern, so I am looking up past reviews. Thank you for your informative review. I am using a Japanese double gauze fabric that I really wanted to showcase, so it sounds like from your review I have picked an appropriate pattern. I also want to say that I absolutely love the greek stitch you used for your hems. I tis gorgeous and I love the way it stands out against your fleece. Thanks for writing such an informative review.
VirginiasDghter said... (12/27/10 8:29 PM) Reply
This is very nice and stylish! Nicely done!
RisaJ said... (12/24/10 10:41 AM) Reply
Love the hem treatment. Good job!
MNBarb said... (12/23/10 7:16 PM) Reply
You did so many things to make this coat better. I love the idea of the hanging pocket and your specialty stitching adds a nice flair. Hope you can figure out some type of closure.
Clareew said... (12/23/10 1:33 PM) Reply
Thank you RLL, I am glad I am not alone in my problems. I tend to walk along with my hand holding the coat closed ( a bit like hand on bump when pregnant)
RLL said... (12/23/10 12:26 PM) Reply
I agree this is a nice looking coat.....and more for show than warmth. I made this last year and have the same issue with keeping it closed and still contemplating the issue. I don't wear it that often for that reason. I really like the way it looks tho and I always get complements when wearing it. I also agree with your comment on the collar to coat instructions and remember scratching my head on that one. I absolutely LOVE how you finished the scarf edge with the greek stitch.
SewWil said... (12/23/10 12:00 PM) Reply
Very nice coat. I love the color.
sewtime said... (12/23/10 10:03 AM) Reply