Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Other> Shearwater Kaftan (Shearwater Kaftan)

Reviewed by:FreyaStark

About FreyaStarkstarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/12/08
Posted on:1/4/11 8:04 AM
Last Updated:1/4/11 9:12 AM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

JETrinity said... (1/11/11 1:29 PM) Reply
I was intrigued by the website thinking it was a tesselation of birds but it wasn't. Love your fabric.
ClaireEmily said... (1/9/11 7:52 PM) Reply
Lovely top and thanks for introducing me to this pattern company!
Margaret said... (1/6/11 5:24 AM) Reply
As usual, I love your fabric and the pattern seems just right for a light cotton like this. Thanks for the very detailed review. Love the triangle detail too.
ggf2005 said... (1/5/11 0:58 AM) Reply
I love your print! Thanks for a great review. Hmmm...handwritten instructions
Christas said... (1/4/11 1:45 PM) Reply
Excellent and very thorough review as always! I really love your fabric choice - so very pretty. The slimmer fit looks very nice on you and is definitely a flattering fit. The triangles for reinforcement on the side slits are a very nice feature that I may borrow from you in the future! Thanks so much for your very informative review.
Annette1 said... (1/4/11 12:13 PM) Reply
Another informative review, as expected. (You'll never be able to shirk your responsibilities, because we expect so much of you.) :o) Your top is lovely, and I especially like that it has the shaping at the side seams. You always find the best prints. JUST the other day I found some site that had a whole bunch of pretty cotton prints, and I thought, I should send this to Freya. THEN I looked at the prices, and I was too embarassed to forward the link -- ha! I noticed $85/yard, for example, which seems a little steep to me. :o)
JanieBee said... (1/4/11 11:50 AM) Reply
Well done! Love the fabric!
Barbara V said... (1/4/11 10:37 AM) Reply
What a pretty top on you. The comfortable fit with shaping looks very nice; and your choice of fabric and print looks lovely on you.
Mufffet said... (1/4/11 10:10 AM) Reply
Such pretty fabric...:)
happytobehere said... (1/4/11 8:44 AM) Reply
This top looks fantastic on you. Such a great fabric choice. The triangles over the side slits are a nice touch.

Understanding Wool Fabrics