J Stern Designs Ribbon Skirt
You'll learn :
  • 5 Different Bias Hemming Techniques
  • Working with a variety of fabrics
  • Matching stripes
  • Lining a bias skirt
  • Inserting a ripple free zipper
  • All with the help of HD video which you can play over and over again as many times as you want. Blog Announcements with more photos ">Put it on the Bias Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5559 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:Submarine

About Submarinestar
Member since: 10/27/09
Posted on:12/26/10 1:29 PM
Last Updated:12/26/10 1:58 PM

sewnaughty said... (3/2/12 7:22 PM) Reply
I have been reading all reviews on this dress. Going to try it. I hope my neck is not 2 big I always have to make this adjustment.
Submarine said... (12/27/10 10:19 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your nice comments! mesewlot, I got my fabric from two different places, but it's the same fabric (voguefabrics was the only one that had this shade of hot pink). I love, love, love the Sophia knit, and will definitely be making more dresses from it in the future.
janet said... (12/27/10 7:06 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress. A great color and silhouette on you! WELCOME to pattern review!
Elizabeth made this said... (12/27/10 12:06 PM) Reply
What a great color on you! I love this pattern, but I know it won't work on my body, so I've been admiring everyone else's versions. I like how the double knit translates the pintucks so well in your version. Nice work!
mesewlot said... (12/26/10 9:54 PM) Reply
This is a great dress as well, you did a wonderful job; and, you wear it well. Question: Did you get both your knits from different places? I love how they look as far as weight.
Scheryka said... (12/26/10 9:47 PM) Reply
I have been waiting for the fabric shop to get this pattern! I can't wait to get my hands on this one. Yummy I see black, white and purple.
kcstarr49 said... (12/26/10 6:29 PM) Reply
Absolutely love it. Ordered pink double knit fabric yesterday. Can't wait to sew my own version. Hope it looks as nice as yours!
lynne1nor said... (12/26/10 4:44 PM) Reply
Amazing dress!
mhk3boys said... (12/26/10 3:59 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress! Love the color on you!
RadarRadiance said... (12/26/10 3:00 PM) Reply
Private photo :-( Looks very pretty! Glad to see the pictue, just as pretty as I thought!
lakaribane said... (12/26/10 2:15 PM) Reply
Looks good from here but I get asked for a password when I click on the thumbnail picture.

by: knitmachin...