Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Cutting Line Designs> 60565 (By Popular Demand)

Reviewed by:lilhoney57

About lilhoney57star
MI USA
Member since: 3/16/02
Posted on:6/28/04 8:06 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Darla in PA said... (6/29/04 9:59 AM) Reply
The jacket is beautiful. Your mother is going to love it! The topstitching is wonderful. Thanks for the extra hints. Did you do something different at the corners of the pockets?
galadriel45 said... (6/29/04 7:13 AM) Reply
What great results! Great top stitching, lovely overall design. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.
Danvillegirl said... (6/29/04 5:52 AM) Reply
Ditto!
Lori V said... (6/28/04 10:08 PM) Reply
What a great jacket, such perfect topstitching.
Levone said... (6/28/04 7:35 PM) Reply
I love your jacket. I can only hope to topstitch HALF as good as that one day, I tend to go too fast. This looks better than jackets I see in the store.
Jennie Pakula said... (6/28/04 5:07 PM) Reply
The topstitching looks great. I'm sure your mum will love it.
alicia said... (6/28/04 3:23 PM) Reply
I'm all for having some wine and settling into a project! Great coat. the topstitching is very proffesional.
Debbie Spriggs said... (6/28/04 3:09 PM) Reply
Lucky mom! I'm sure she will love this jacket! Your choice of embroidery, and beautiful topstitching are wonderderful details!
kathi s said... (6/28/04 12:31 PM) Reply
Great review, really well sewn and embroidered jacket! Very cute and wearable!
Julia W said... (6/28/04 12:19 PM) Reply
I just added "Go slow, have a glass of wine and go for it" to my personal collection of sewing quotes. Good advice for the fearful sewer. I am drooling over that jacket!
sheree said... (6/28/04 11:14 AM) Reply
This jacket looks amazing...better than RTW. Your Mom is going to love it.
Teri said... (6/28/04 11:01 AM) Reply
Oh my, you use my favorite sewing tool too....a glass of wine:) Your jacket looks great!
lilhoney57 said... (6/28/04 10:01 AM) Reply
You know, I forgot to mention this jacket is for my mom who is recovering in a nursing home from a fall (broken femur) and she wanting a patriotic theme-my son is in the Air Force in S.Korea. The Uncle Sam design is an Amazing Design "Country Charm II" and the "America" was a free download after 911 at embroidery.com. I don't know if it is still available. I did two passes of stitching- the first with the edgestitching or blind stitch foot 1/8" away from the edge and the second with the 1/4 foot or "little foot". That is a special foot for quilting I think. I use it for topstitching all the time because you get an exact 1/4 inch. Thanks for the compliments!!
lilhoney57 said... (6/28/04 10:00 AM) Reply
You know, I forgot to mention this jacket is for my mom who is recovering in a nursing home from a fall (broken femur) and she wanted a patriotic theme-my son is in the Air Force in S.Korea. The Uncle Sam design is an Amazing Design "Country Charm II" and the "America" was a free download after 911 at embroidery.com. I don't know if it is still available. I did two passes of stitching- the first with the edgestitching or blind stitch foot 1/8" away from the edge and the second with the 1/4 foot or "little foot". That is a special foot for quilting I think. I use it for topstitching all the time because you get an exact 1/4 inch. Thanks for the compliments!!
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (6/28/04 9:57 AM) Reply
Beautiful! The embroidery is a very unique touch!
Patti B said... (6/28/04 9:56 AM) Reply
What a beautiful job. I have this pattern and some toile for a jacket -- you've inspired me to get with it! Her instructions are the absolute best.
D1Diva said... (6/28/04 9:49 AM) Reply
I'm ordering this pattern now! This is beautiful and will give me a chance to use my embroidery function! Where did you get the design on the back? I'm looking for some patriotic designs that are different than the usual and that one fits the bill!
PVA said... (6/28/04 9:45 AM) Reply
Holy Toledo, that is a beautiful piece of work! I can only echo what the others have said -- your topstitching is awesome! Thanks for the review and all the close-up photos.
Hilary said... (6/28/04 8:59 AM) Reply
What a beautiful joob you did! The topstitching looks amazing :o) Did you use a twin needle for topstitching, or just make two passes? Your jacket is really great, your work looks very professional. Thanks for the review!
Sew it seams said... (6/28/04 8:36 AM) Reply
That's a beautiful jacket. The top-stitching, buttonholes, and embroidery are all very professional looking.
cindyann said... (6/28/04 8:12 AM) Reply
WOW. Wonderful looking jacket. Thanks for the tips on the topstitching, it's looks fabulous. Your embroidery is awesome. Great work.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns