Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2344 (Misses' & Plus Size Sportswear)

Reviewed by:iSewQuiltArt

About iSewQuiltArtstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 4/4/08
Posted on:12/31/10 4:40 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Vests    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Plus    Skirts

jlg said... (2/29/12 3:16 PM) Reply
Lovely top and great review.
4u2cme said... (2/16/12 4:59 PM) Reply
Thank you for a thorough review. I have this pattern in my stash and I do want to make the top. Your top has a very good fit.
o3b said... (1/3/11 3:34 AM) Reply
Your review is very helpful with all the details you've posted. I have this pattern and have hoped to make a top or two from it.
julie w said... (12/31/10 6:26 PM) Reply
Great top. This pattern looks like it will get a lot of milage from a TNT top to the other wardrobe options.
iSewQuiltArt said... (12/31/10 5:45 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for the nice comments! Belinda, I have just bought some knit fusible tape a month ago, I put it down to holidays and chaos of kids at home that I forgot to try using it! What was I thinking? Next time...
Annette1 said... (12/31/10 4:50 PM) Reply
Now that is what I call one GREAT-FITTING top, and your review is EXCELLENT. :o) You know, I have this pattern, but I hadn't even NOTICED the top until I saw yours -- ha! VERY NICE!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (12/31/10 12:54 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top, looks perfect. And I adore the necklace.
SewWil said... (12/31/10 12:35 PM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review. Your top still looks great on you. The color is also very nice.
Heatherrique said... (12/31/10 11:31 AM) Reply
Still a nice looking top and thanks for your very helpful review!
sewing for fun said... (12/31/10 10:23 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful top and wonderful color. Great fit, too, especially nice shoulder fit and love the way it skims the mid-section without excess fabric there :) Definitely a keeper. Suggestion for your hems - I've found an excellent solution to prevent ripple-ey hems on knits. I fuse hem at stitch line prior to sewing with LJ Designs ultra soft double-sided fusible web (or Emma Seabrooke's tape). See http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Shopper_id=139912311014181399&Store_id=584&page_id=23&Item_ID=1038. Emma Seabrooke has several tape products that will also work great - http://shop.emmaseabrooke.com/ No commercial attachment to either, just use the products with excellent success. Love your top - now I must make it (or at LEAST get the pattern for my stash)!
Rebecca D said... (12/31/10 7:57 AM) Reply
Extraordinarily helpful review. Love the color on you and the neckline looks perfect. Very flattering.

by: Izybel18