Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2008-106 (Tuxedo Blouse)

Reviewed by:Maree P

About Maree Pstarstar
NA AUSTRALIA
Member since: 1/20/09
Posted on:3/11/11 8:35 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Other Projects by Maree P using this Pattern

SewWil said... (3/14/11 0:17 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse. Nice use of stripes.
becca a said... (3/12/11 1:02 PM) Reply
This is a lovely blouse and it fits you perfectly! I will have to dig out this pattern.
Re Becca said... (3/12/11 8:15 AM) Reply
Very flattering. I really like the collar that you used better, it looks proportionate. The stripes make the blouse look very stylish and professional.
pdiddly said... (3/12/11 2:52 AM) Reply
I have never made anything from the Burda magazine, and each time I see a review on here I think I must look out for the magazine and try something - the blouse looks great - I purchased a burda blouse similar to this with turnback cuffs so lets hope it looks as good as your's when I finish it.
pdiddly said... (3/12/11 2:45 AM) Reply
FreyaStark said... (3/12/11 1:31 AM) Reply
A very smart and distinctive shirt.
Maree P said... (3/11/11 10:16 PM) Reply
Thanks for alerting me to my typo KathleenS ; I have edited this now ...and thanks everyone for your feedback.
KathleenS said... (3/11/11 9:58 PM) Reply
I like your shirt - lovely fit and great use of the stripes. A lot of RTW shirts are made of stretch cotton (I suspect that has more to do with one draft fits all figures!). It'll give you extra movement in a fitted shirt. I'm curious to know if the bias panels would fit differently if you made it again in 100% cotton.
Natasha B said... (3/11/11 9:47 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt, fabulous fit. A great design for you.
EleanorSews said... (3/11/11 9:08 PM) Reply
This takes the button down shirt to a whole new level! Your use of the stripes is striking. And, it fits you perfectly. What more can you ask?
Elke said... (3/11/11 9:05 PM) Reply
Great looking blouse and it looks fabulous on you!
pterion said... (3/11/11 9:03 PM) Reply
Love this blouse on you. I like your interpretation with the stripes in different directions.
suesmith said... (3/11/11 8:51 PM) Reply
Looks like another great fitting Burda blouse. Great use of the fabric stripes.

No Pattern Used --