Pattern Reviews> Au Bonheur des Petites Mains> 10011 (Coat with Round Collar)

Review submitted in Winter Wear Contest
Reviewed by:sfshaza

About sfshazastar
Member since: 9/12/07
Posted on:12/31/10 2:02 PM
Last Updated:12/31/10 5:02 PM

sfshaza said... (1/15/11 9:11 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone. Janie, it's more like Burda sizing. I've put a measurement chart on my blog. I requested it from them and converted the metric measurements to imperial. This pattern comes in both regular and plus sizes, but you have to access the correct page - they don't have a pulldown where you select a size. The measurement chart is here: http://communingwithfabric.blogspot.com/2010/01/au-bonheurs-des-petites-mains.html
JaniePDX said... (1/15/11 1:40 PM) Reply
I love this coat and all your other Au Bonheur things. How is Au Bonheur's sizing compared to the big 4? Are all sized included in the pattern? You've inspired me to give them a go. Your coat is the bomb!!
gloucester said... (1/8/11 10:57 PM) Reply
Fabulous! You're my heroine!
lisa m said... (1/4/11 1:16 PM) Reply
Wonderful coat. Will you be joining our BABES meeting this Saturday? PLEASE bring the coat!!!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/4/11 12:48 PM) Reply
Fabulous, eye-catching embellishments! The flirty coat style suits you perfectly. Absolutely amazing!
lyndle said... (1/3/11 5:37 PM) Reply
I love this coat! Great blog entry too. It would make me happy just to put this coat on - no wonder you feel like twirling in it. Awesome!
treefrog said... (1/3/11 5:15 PM) Reply
Love the colourful circles. Fantastic!
yummymummy38 said... (1/2/11 7:46 PM) Reply
Fun, flirty, twirly and whimsical, my fav of your au bonheur creations so far
Ann Smith said... (1/2/11 2:26 PM) Reply
This just blows me away! So creative and so successful. It would sell for the big bucks in an arty boutique.
Barbara V said... (1/2/11 10:30 AM) Reply
You did all of this after Christmas?? Wow, that was much work in little time! It is truly a creative masterpiece! I so agree with your terms "fun" and "whimsical". The needle felting embellishments are fabulous. You look great in it!
JETrinity said... (1/1/11 7:26 PM) Reply
What a lovely coat pattern. The polka dots and the buttons just sets this coat for an award.
Kay Y said... (1/1/11 12:41 PM) Reply
Super - whimsical is the word that comes to mind. Love the felted dots at the hem. Wear it with pride; you'll be trailing compliments.
maryfrana said... (1/1/11 12:27 PM) Reply
This is a whimsical, fashionable coat. Felted polka dots -- that takes dedication.
DorothyK said... (1/1/11 11:56 AM) Reply
This is spectacular. I love the whimsy of this piece - the boiled wool, the needle-felted dots, the actual design of the pattern. Your talents never cease to amaze me. You are so inspiring. I would like to make one of these patterns soon, and when I do, your dictionary will be invaluable. Thanks for such an informative review.
janet said... (1/1/11 11:13 AM) Reply
Your IMAGINATION is incredible! The RESULT is superb!!! We ALL need to go a little dottie!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Rebecca D said... (1/1/11 10:07 AM) Reply
Gorgeous as usual and thanks for the link to a translated site for those patterns. I think a little New Year's shopping is in store for me. You are an inspiration!
Diane333 said... (1/1/11 9:58 AM) Reply
Love your coat!!!! Very original and sure to be an attention grabber.
becca a said... (1/1/11 9:02 AM) Reply
Your coat is gorgeous! I love the felted circles.
Fran G said... (1/1/11 8:54 AM) Reply
Another fabulous creation, Shams! You are so creative and fearless!
JillyBe said... (12/31/10 10:26 PM) Reply
Too! Much! Fun! I love this coat - both the pattern and what you did with it. You're right, it's a spot on perfect San Francisco coat!
Catbird said... (12/31/10 8:17 PM) Reply
I really like your funky sensibility and your fearless go-for-it creativity. Also these swirly silhouettes that you favor. I'd say this is a quintessential San Francisco coat (I lived there, so I know what you mean about the weather) and I hope you get lots of compliments as you go about the city in it! Your reviews are fun.
SewWil said... (12/31/10 7:32 PM) Reply
Great coat. Love the polka dots.
Athene said... (12/31/10 6:27 PM) Reply
This is a delightful whimsical coat and you look wonderful in it. Enjoyed your review and blog.
sfshaza said... (12/31/10 5:06 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for your compliments, everyone! When I wore it out running errands today (and buying coffee :) ), I realized that I forgot to mention that I added inseam pockets. The pattern had no pockets.
Christas said... (12/31/10 4:08 PM) Reply
What a great coat! Love those colorful polka dots!
Elona said... (12/31/10 3:45 PM) Reply
And if one duplicate post is good, then two must be even better. Still a lovely coat.
Duplicate post.
Elona said... (12/31/10 3:45 PM) Reply
What a fun, intriguing coat!
Karendee said... (12/31/10 3:36 PM) Reply
Shams, as I said on your post, you are sewist/designer extraordinary. My mouth is just open in amazement with this results of this clever coat. You should definitely win the contest in every category.
Annette1 said... (12/31/10 3:33 PM) Reply
You're always one ... or two, or three ... steps ahead of me! I was ogling this pattern the other night, but never could figure out how to BUY the stupid thing -- ha! Yours is SO CUTE! You win the MOST CREATIVE AWARD. :o) I LOVE the fabric and all those little polka dots. :o)
Peter in NYC said... (12/31/10 2:50 PM) Reply
What a great coat! I love those polka dots!
Vintage Joan said... (12/31/10 2:39 PM) Reply
Oh, how utterly awesome -- felted needlework polka dots. Wow! :) Great coat.
pegsewer said... (12/31/10 2:34 PM) Reply
This is a great review and coat! I love reading about the new techniques and you really personalized it wonderfully---love that needle felting! Thanks so much for being so adventurous with this and your other Au Bonheur pattern reviews--can't wait to see your next creation! Peg

by: sovanisa