Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> Self Drafted (Women's Peacoat)

Review submitted in Winter Wear Contest

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 24 people

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

WhatSew said... (12/2/11 1:55 PM) Reply
My co-worker just bought this same coat in heather - yours look SO much better! You did a fantastic job on the details, seaming, color choice and the lining is beautiful! Thank you now I have to run and buy a drafting book!
AllNewtoMe said... (3/10/11 8:51 PM) Reply
Wow! That's gorgeous. I hope one day I am as skilled at this sewing/drafting work! Very, very lovely.
Lexley said... (1/17/11 4:11 PM) Reply
Absolutely sublime! And you say you are an intermediate sewer???? More like super advanced. Can't believe you drafted this yourself. Thanks for the tips on the resources you used..will look these up. :)
guillorypr said... (1/14/11 11:23 PM) Reply
Great job! It's lovely.
Silknmore said... (1/14/11 12:47 PM) Reply
What an amazing coat and your workmanship is amazing. Your skills are enviable. You have inspired me to draft a coat some day.
canei said... (1/12/11 10:56 AM) Reply
WOW!!!
manola6176 said... (1/12/11 4:58 AM) Reply
You accomplish agreat job and the result is gorgeous
Nessa09 said... (1/11/11 6:15 PM) Reply
Absolutely love it!
said... (1/11/11 6:12 PM) Reply
Just perfect!
SoVintage said... (1/11/11 5:53 PM) Reply
What can I say that has not been said already? FANTABULOUS!!!!
squirrellypoo said... (1/11/11 9:17 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for all your drafting info, it's very helpful to beginning drafters like me. Your coat is beautiful, and even though you only briefly mention all the tailoring you did, I know how much work is involved because I just completed my own coat using similar techniques!!
waltzqueen said... (1/9/11 1:14 PM) Reply
SPECTACULAR!! I'd say this was a designer coat from Neimans if I didn't know better! Gorgeous design (and unique!!), love the color, the fit is wonderful. WOW. A++.
Bonnie O said... (1/7/11 9:21 PM) Reply
I love purple so I was initially drawn to your thumbnail. then when I viewed your photos, I was sooo impressed. I switched back to the review to see what pattern you used and OMG! Self-drafted!!! You certainly got my vote. Lovely on you!
lynne1nor said... (1/7/11 7:32 PM) Reply
Amazing coat! Such a beautiful job you did and what a nice color! Impressive!
BMH said... (1/6/11 12:55 PM) Reply
Brava! What a beautiful coat. The top-stitching adds just enough detail. It was really helpful, too, to read about how you thought everything through. You're in an inspiration!
Anne Cherry said... (1/5/11 10:01 PM) Reply
What a work of art! Makes me want to try even harder to get as beautiful a finish as you have!
DesignsByDenise said... (1/5/11 7:10 PM) Reply
What a great accomplishment. Perfect in every way, and even better looking than your J. Crew inspiration piece. Well done!
RobbieK said... (1/5/11 9:51 AM) Reply
AWESOME!!!! Your skills are very, very impressive.
mylittlemorsel said... (1/4/11 9:49 PM) Reply
Very nicely done! You should be so proud of your accomplishment.
Weif said... (1/4/11 8:23 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful coat -- while the fact that you drafted this complicated pattern yourself is inspiring (maybe one day I will...), I wish that there was a pattern so I could make one myself ;)
marjoriekh said... (1/4/11 5:56 PM) Reply
Beautiful in every detail. This coat is an inspiration. What fun, too, to take it off and drape it over your chair in a cafe to give a glimpse of the lining! Looking forward to what you draft next...
newmama said... (1/4/11 4:58 PM) Reply
You've made an absolutely gorgeous coat. I cannot believe it is self-drafted as well.
AnneMarie60 said... (1/4/11 12:59 PM) Reply
Your well-drafted coat fits your frame beautifully! Great color on you. Love the vibrant lining you chose. Absolutely gorgeous!
cboots said... (1/4/11 11:40 AM) Reply
I just saw this today, and oh WOW! Great choices in colour, style, and beautifully made.
MarinaVK said... (1/3/11 8:43 PM) Reply
this is great!!!! congratulations!
Leorah said... (1/2/11 8:37 PM) Reply
Beautifully done and I LOVE the lining.
hongkongshopper said... (1/2/11 6:58 PM) Reply
This is just so gorgeous. Congratulations on such a great fit. Love the colour too!
Kay Y said... (1/2/11 1:50 PM) Reply
Beautiful work!
quixoticpixels said... (1/1/11 5:54 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous! You did an amazing job. Love the color too :)
Karendee said... (1/1/11 5:49 PM) Reply
What a huge accomplishment that you drafted and tailored this lovely lavender coat.
suebbb said... (1/1/11 5:36 PM) Reply
wow. beautiful coat and well worth all the time and effort!!
marjenann said... (1/1/11 5:25 PM) Reply
Extraordinary!! Simply fabulous in every way!!!
Barbara V said... (1/1/11 3:22 PM) Reply
Really beautiful and your top notch self-drafting is remarkable....congratulations!
JillyBe said... (1/1/11 2:56 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh this jacket is amazing!!! Self drafted? Wow - What an accomplishment!
Rickella said... (1/1/11 2:44 PM) Reply
Wow, wow, wow. I love the jacket. The color and fit are awesome. Very nice job!
Amanda S. said... (1/1/11 2:22 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I love the fit and color and all the piecing you did in the back. It looks really expensive and I can't believe you drafted this yourself!!! Wow!
bananaoil said... (1/1/11 1:32 PM) Reply
Wow! Beautiful lining too!
janet said... (1/1/11 11:22 AM) Reply
Your coat has so many PERFECT details--I do not have the words to describe how I feel. FANTASTIC result.
betty bushwacker said... (1/1/11 11:06 AM) Reply
what a work of art this is! Absolutely gorgeous.
Diane333 said... (1/1/11 10:07 AM) Reply
Incredible. Just love your coat.
becca a said... (1/1/11 9:23 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous coat! Your fit is so flattering, and I love the color and style. Beautiful topstitching, too.
no7262 said... (1/1/11 8:13 AM) Reply
WOW! This is really very nice! You got the most perfect fit! Awesome! Nora :)
glenj said... (1/1/11 4:57 AM) Reply
rating your review as very helpful doesn't sound enough. your coat is truly amazing.The time and effort you put into this custom beauty really shows.The information you shared and the books you used for help are beyond very helpful.fit is perfect ,WOW well done
Terri A said... (1/1/11 2:52 AM) Reply
This coat is GREAT! Fabulous!
mesewlot said... (1/1/11 1:51 AM) Reply
This truly is a very nice and well made suit~ gorgeous!
Athene said... (1/1/11 1:34 AM) Reply
Form fitting and gorgeous - you look fabulous. Congratulations on drafting such a beautiful coat for yourself. Nice to know about the Metric Pattern Cutting Book, as I think a may have that one in my stash.
Lori V said... (1/1/11 0:31 AM) Reply
This is such an incredible coat, fantastic job.
3HoursPast said... (12/31/10 11:55 PM) Reply
This is an incredible coat. Very beautiful.
michellep74 said... (12/31/10 10:49 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous coat! Stunning!
Sew4Fun said... (12/31/10 9:35 PM) Reply
Totally gorgeous in every way. The biggest compliment I can give you is to say, I WANT IT!! :) The amount of work you did, both the couture sewing and drafting (I totally understand how much time and effort it takes to draft a coat pattern) really shows. You did an outstanding job, and if this wasn't enough you wrote the perfect review detailing all the drafting details I like to hear plus your tailoring techniques. Thanks and nice job!
Peter in NYC said... (12/31/10 8:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat with wonderful details. Great color too and the fit is excellent. Congratulations!
Maree P said... (12/31/10 7:48 PM) Reply
This is stunning and an absolute credit to you. Your drafting, tailoring and sewing skills shine in this flawless coat.
SewWil said... (12/31/10 7:31 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!!! I love everything about your coat. Looks great on you.
Elizabeth made this said... (12/31/10 6:53 PM) Reply
That's so impressive that this is your first self-drafted design. What a beautiful coat. Brava!
Nan Kay said... (12/31/10 6:51 PM) Reply
Well done! Your top stitching is perfect. So is the whole coat!
Christas said... (12/31/10 6:43 PM) Reply
Absolutely amazing! Your coat is SO pretty and a garment to be very proud of. Very nice sewing!!!
AmyRose said... (12/31/10 6:12 PM) Reply
This is the best, best tailoring, fit, color and style.
RadarRadiance said... (12/31/10 5:45 PM) Reply
Your tailoring is impeccable, all of your detail paid off. Your coat is beautiful; I love the lines and style. It looks very expensive! Very impressive and being self drafted!!!! I wish it was a pattern and I'd run right out and buy it ;-)
Laurasews said... (12/31/10 5:40 PM) Reply
Wow. Great job drafting and beautiful craftmanship!
ALFALFA said... (12/31/10 5:20 PM) Reply
My compliments to the seamstress. Wonderful coat and i love the colour. Applause, applause. lynne
Annette1 said... (12/31/10 5:10 PM) Reply
Oh my, I couldn't WAIT to click on the thumbnail after seeing this LOVELY LAVENDER wool peeking out at me. And SELF-DRAFTED, to boot! What a beautiful, beautiful coat, masterfully tailored, and it couldn't fit any better if you tried! :o)

BurdaStyle Magazine 05-2013-114