Pattern Reviews> Design and Sew> 337 (Cosmopolitan Jacket)

Review submitted in Winter Wear Contest
Reviewed by:JillyBe

About JillyBestarstarstar
Member since: 1/20/10
Posted on:12/31/10 8:33 PM
Last Updated:1/1/11 6:21 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 26 people
madcap85 said... (1/19/12 12:14 PM) Reply
Wonderful jacket and great review. I am attempting a sherpa jacket and I think your notes may help me out.
JDpenelope said... (2/11/11 9:15 PM) Reply
OMG -- It's humbling to read your review. Your intelligent planning and execution conquered the challenges posed by this pattern and your fabric.
Jennifer shaw said... (1/8/11 8:51 PM) Reply
Wow, this is such a gorgeous jacket!!
Kayseri said... (1/3/11 9:01 PM) Reply
Yummy is the right word. Gorgeous jacket.
treefrog said... (1/3/11 5:17 PM) Reply
Just beautiful!
lamstu said... (1/2/11 10:54 AM) Reply
I also have this pattern, but it has never risen to the top despite being in constant contention! You version is fantastic! Perfect match of fabric to pattern, and it is REALLY gorgeous fabric too.
GlButterfly said... (1/2/11 2:27 AM) Reply
Great jacket and a nice thorough review
JillyBe said... (1/1/11 6:51 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments everyone! :) :) :) Betty I'm thinking that dog clippers might work well for clipping the fur. I think some folks use electric razors (a safety razor didn't work at all). If one wanted to clip ALL of the seams, a more streamlined tool would certainly be helpful!
carolynw said... (1/1/11 6:44 PM) Reply
WOW!! You have done one heck of a job here - your jacket is absolutely drop dead gorgeous - am amazed you matched the print at the back - really makes this a knock out!!
Annette1 said... (1/1/11 6:37 PM) Reply
WOOHOO!!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this jacket! It's just PERFECT in this fabric. I'm PEA GREEN with envy. :o)) It looks GREAT on you.
RadarRadiance said... (1/1/11 6:25 PM) Reply
Looks great on you, very stylish!
quixoticpixels said... (1/1/11 5:51 PM) Reply
Congratulations on finishing! It turned out really, really great!
Kim12469 said... (1/1/11 3:20 PM) Reply
Wow...gorgeous! All those construction details are amazing!
Restart06 said... (1/1/11 12:22 PM) Reply
Wow, beautiful & looks so comfy! I am glad that I got to see the end result. You will enjoy!!
Aroura said... (1/1/11 11:51 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! The fabric is perfect, inside and out. The button detailing is excellent.
betty bushwacker said... (1/1/11 10:50 AM) Reply
I wonder if dog clippers would get close enough to the edge of the shearling to shorten the task?I don't have a piece to try it on, but just a random thought. That is one fabulous jacket you've made.
Diane333 said... (1/1/11 10:15 AM) Reply
You made a wonderful jacket that I would love to own. So outstanding.
Rebecca D said... (1/1/11 9:58 AM) Reply
Fantastically helpful review and a beautiful jacket to boot. I've had this pattern in the stash forever. Maybe in 2011.....
becca a said... (1/1/11 9:46 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous jacket! I love your fabric, the princess lines and the collar. Thanks for the tips on using faux shearling.
maryfrana said... (1/1/11 9:46 AM) Reply
Outstanding result! Perfect match of fabric and pattern. Love this look.
Clareew said... (1/1/11 7:42 AM) Reply
I have been waiting for your review. It was worth the wait. Absolutely wonderful. I'm sure you will be inundated with compliments every time you wear it.
Annette1 said... (1/1/11 0:22 AM) Reply
WOW! This is one BEAUTIFUL jacket, a work of art. I particularly like the way you've done the button(s). I LOVE your fabric, and you've constructed the jacket to perfection. I think you need to raise your rating to at least Intermediate! :o)
sfshaza said... (12/31/10 9:16 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket! I read your notes on working with the faux shearling with great interest. I want to make a jacket with the same fabric (in a different colorway) and had concerns about working with it. You even matched the pattern in some places! That pocket is invisible! Just beautiful and thanks for your detailed review and photo album!

Understanding Knit Fabrics