Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7854 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE TUNIC)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:1/2/11 11:30 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

jlg said... (11/16/11 5:32 PM) Reply
Wow, this is gorgeous, and you are gorgeous in it. The color is perfect for you. Annette is so generous to share that fabric with you.
eugenia123 said... (1/4/11 9:46 AM) Reply
What a beautiful tunic! Everything you make is so elegant and sophisticated looking and this is no exception. I love the sleek lines of this style. The fabric is just perfect - festive and flattering. What a kind and generous gift from Annette and how clever she is to know that she would be sending it to someone who would use it so wisely!
FreyaStark said... (1/3/11 3:05 AM) Reply
A generous gift indeed. You've made a chic and elegant garment.
Heatherrique said... (1/3/11 0:22 AM) Reply
I like this distinctively and lusciously gorgeous tunic on you. What a very generous and thoughtful lady - that Annette, making this tunic very special!
CynthiaSue said... (1/2/11 11:24 PM) Reply
Perfect color on you. A lovely basic.
Karendee said... (1/2/11 5:05 PM) Reply
Gorgeous tunic and what a generous gift from Annette! This is really beautifully sewn and you look so good in "Annette's Tunic."
Christas said... (1/2/11 4:51 PM) Reply
Barbara, you look beautiful in your "Annette Tunic"! She has to be THE most generous seamstress I know. That fabric is so very perfect for you! With your wonderful sewing talent you have made one very lovely jacket to enjoy for years and years. :-) Wish I could look so cute while steaming wallpaper off the wall!
DorothyK said... (1/2/11 4:29 PM) Reply
Barbara, this beautiful garment is made even more beautiful knowing about Annette's thoughtfulness and generosity. Annette is right; the fabric is perfect for you. It works so well with the pattern. Great review!
Nan Kay said... (1/2/11 4:12 PM) Reply
So attractive! Your review is wonderful as well, watching your room transform reminds me that I need to do some of that wall paper removing as well!!! I doubt if I will look that elegant removing it though.
Annette1 said... (1/2/11 4:03 PM) Reply
Geez, I practically feel like a SAINT after reading your review and the nice comments, to boot. Trust me, I AIN'T ALL THAT GREAT! :o)) FIRST of all, I absolutely LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the picture with the JUMBO SMILEY BUTTON on the stand. I'm sending a link to Mom and Daddy RAT NOW. :o) Secondly, I can't WAIT to see your sewing room when it's all repainted. That is a JOB, removing all that wallpaper. I have an entire house full of ANCIENT wallpaper, and I'm hoping it will eventually just peel off by itself. It's making a valiant attempt. I know what you mean about "weight lifting" too. When we redid the sunporch, it has 13 windows, and I had to hang all those curtain rods and then FIVE curtains on each (two panels and a three-piece valance). Before it was all over, the drill and I were one. As for your tunic, well, you're PRETTY AS A PICTURE in this fabric, and I KNEW you would be. :o) I love the pattern you chose, with all of the topstitching highlighting the design lines. You're always the PICTURE of style and good taste, even when steaming wallpaper!
lmb09 said... (1/2/11 3:18 PM) Reply
What a beautiful top and it looks great on you! I love reading your reviews and was so happy to see a new one!
carolynw said... (1/2/11 2:34 PM) Reply
This is beautiful and the color is gorgeous on you - Annette is such a generous gal in so many ways and she sure was right that this color would look good on you - I have this pattern and between Annette and yourself I think I must soon have a go at it
Ann Smith said... (1/2/11 2:22 PM) Reply
Way too long since you have reviewed and I know you have made some wonderful things. The Annette tunic is lovely. How generous of her! Is the Happy Face like the Travelocity gnome, traveling from sewing room to sewing room?
sew2little said... (1/2/11 2:20 PM) Reply
Barbara, this is beautiful and beautiful on you. And the story of its origin is reflective both of Annette's goodness and the amazing sewing community here on PR.
sfshaza said... (1/2/11 12:21 PM) Reply
Just gorgeous, Barbara! I have that pattern but haven't made it and your version is gorgeous. It is just like Annette to share!!! I loved how you leveraged your sewing tools (your iron) to remove your wallpaper! Those are tall walls!!

by: SueV

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Sewing Workshop Tamari Apron Pattern