Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1195 (Misses' Top, Dress And Belt)

Reviewed by:EMSB

About EMSBstar
Member since: 8/1/10
Posted on:1/2/11 10:51 AM
Last Updated:1/2/11 11:53 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
angela langan said... (4/4/11 3:57 AM) Reply
I am glad you stayed with it, looks nice, its the innocent looking patterns that can be the worst, lol.
anne123184 said... (2/17/11 11:29 PM) Reply
Great review! Love your color combination I'm actually in te process of finishing the dress and I like it so far. You're right about the neckline being low. I added 1.5 centimeter then I lowered the arm hole same size. As for the bias strap, I made my own, a bit narrower, and I hand sewn it :) made my life easier. I really like the fit
EMSB said... (1/3/11 10:23 PM) Reply
Jenny-NZ, I agree that the straps are set too wide as well. They do have a tendency to fall off the shoulders. I love your fix idea! I may borrow it :-) I don't know if you have done the side seams yet, but you may find that they interfere with the ability to put a belt over the top. Please post a picture when you're done. I'd love to see someone else's version!
Jenny-NZ said... (1/3/11 5:17 PM) Reply
Your version turned out lovely. I just finished the overtop. I added 3cm to the neckline and also added 20cm to the front length at the bottom as when I test fitted the pattern I could see it wasn't going to provide enough tummy cover for my liking as mine is going to be worn over trousers. I have to agree that the bias binding pattern piece provided was a bit mean in its width, if it had been approx 1cm wider it would have made life easier. I'm also finding the neckline becomes "wide" and attempts to fall off shoulders so I am about to add a same fabric thin strap across the back. I haven't put in the slits for the belt yet, its under debate as it looks OK with a belt worn over. However, with a change in the bias binding width I will be making this overtop again.
janet said... (1/3/11 7:56 AM) Reply
GREAT SAVE! You ended up with a BEAUTIFUL outfit. KUDOS to you.
Catherine Daze said... (1/3/11 5:26 AM) Reply
Love the colours and pleased it turned out well in the end. Thanks for the very helpful review. I've got this pattern and I will bear your experience in mind!
Kay Y said... (1/2/11 8:30 PM) Reply
Really pretty!
SewWil said... (1/2/11 7:16 PM) Reply
Looks great. You would never know that you came across so many issues while sewing it.
julie w said... (1/2/11 5:45 PM) Reply
very helpful review - great save with the lace it turned out beautiful
VirginiasDghter said... (1/2/11 3:02 PM) Reply
This turned out very nice! I like the lace detail. Thanks for the review.
ButtonFaith said... (1/2/11 1:40 PM) Reply
Glad to see this one reviewed! When this pattern came out I immediately thought 'that's for me!". After your review I'm rethinking it...thanks so much for pointing out the problem areas!
Beek said... (1/2/11 12:43 PM) Reply
With all the problems you encountered during the construction process, it still turned out stunningly beautiful.
happytobehere said... (1/2/11 12:30 PM) Reply
I like everything about your project! The colours are beautiful together and the lace is lovely.

Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick SB300

by: susandf

Other 00000

by: digs57

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

SewBaby Quick Kitchen Gifts Pattern