Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3108 (ten curved panel skirt)

Reviewed by:jlg

About jlgstarstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/03
Posted on:6/30/04 12:42 PM
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts
Katharine in BXL said... (10/4/04 10:02 PM) Reply
WOW! What a knockout skirt. You look fabulous!
JDpenelope said... (7/1/04 6:35 AM) Reply
You have the figure for this style. Waist looks perfect, but thanks for the cautions.
Danvillegirl said... (7/1/04 5:39 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and with your review as well as a few others I need to just cut and sew. I love this fabric. I am really liking the retro, geometric look and this skirt made up beautifully. Thanks for the information regarding waist line treatment.
Levone said... (6/30/04 10:40 PM) Reply
Your skirt looks great on you. I love your fabric, as I bought a piece too from to make a little summer top. ;o) It's good to see it actually made up.
mudcat said... (6/30/04 7:23 PM) Reply
I love your fabric. Do you think the XS might work better for getting less fabric at the waist....or possibly XS at the waist and S everywhere else.
MaryBeth said... (6/30/04 2:40 PM) Reply
I really like you in brighter colors!
Lisa Laree said... (6/30/04 2:27 PM) Reply
What a great skirt! Anyone would think you got in a trendy little boutique! I haven't tried this view on this pattern yet; I need to! I'm wondering about the you have a lot of extra room when you pull it over your hips? If you do, you could probably trim just a hair off the panels (not much -- spread over 10 seams, even 1/16" would take off 1 1/4" ) at the waist. I try to make pull-on waistbands just an inch bigger than my hip measurement...
Elona said... (6/30/04 2:23 PM) Reply
That is too cute! It really is. To reduce the poofiness at the waistline, you could try tapering the seamlines from hip to waist until you had jut enough width to slide over your hips with the elastic waist. Or skip the elastic and maybe just make a shaped,faced waistline with an invisible zipper in one of those seams.
Skymom said... (6/30/04 2:09 PM) Reply
I love it. The colors are great--exactly the sort of print you'd want to twirl around in! Don't beat yourself up about the rolled hem. Honestly, trying to do a rolled hem over 10 sets of seam allowances (esp. if you've serged them) sounds like a good way to make yourself crazy. Save the rolled hem for a simpler style. If your fabric is quite lightweight, doing a 5/8 inch topstitched hem should be fine.
GorgeousFabrics said... (6/30/04 1:51 PM) Reply
I love that skirt on you. The print is so lovely. JLG, I used foldover elastic instead of a casing, and I don't have any problems with the poufiness. Maybe that's something to try next time? -Ann
Teri said... (6/30/04 1:30 PM) Reply
Wow, I love that fabric and what a cute skirt!
Hilary said... (6/30/04 1:25 PM) Reply
Pretty skirt! I need to get a gore skirt pattern ~but I think i've hit my pattern limit this month. Luckily, tomorrow is a new month :o) lol
Patti B said... (6/30/04 1:17 PM) Reply
Great fabric and cute skirt. Looks like summer.

Pattern Work