Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 03-2006-105B (Skirt)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:1/8/11 8:10 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

sewbehind said... (1/11/11 10:38 AM) Reply
I love your reviews. Everything you make is elegant, beautifully styled and gorgeous. This is no exception.
AuntieShel said... (1/10/11 7:54 PM) Reply
Wow, I am blown away with how you took an inspiration and made it into reality. Beautiful!! I come up with inspirations that rarely (ok, never) make it to reality.
Barbara V said... (1/9/11 10:50 AM) Reply
Ah... don't be fooled by the "Tidy corner"....had I stood with camera in hand and taken a picture of the reverse side of the room you would have seen the "UNTIDY" side!! Luckily I not only have a high ceilinged closet in my sewing room for fabric, patterns and sewing related supplies, but I've pretty much taken over the guest closet and under the guest bed, oh, and recently I moved a storage container of fabric into the hall closet. I store many small items in the Hoosier hutch that is behind me in my pictures. Even with all that my room DOES "clutter up" still, of course, and time is needed to "clear a path" to the cutting table, ironing board, or sewing machine, etc. So thank you for your "Tidy" room comments, but I'm not always on top of it. Annette cracks me up too! THANK YOU for the lovely comments on my review!
magoe6217 said... (1/9/11 10:18 AM) Reply
This is a wonderful skirt and inspired use of the unique fabric. Tell us that your sewing room is not always this tidy--that you cleaned it up specially for the photo shoot. We'll all feel better then :-)) Thanks for the reminder on how great the Anne Klein top pattern is. I have the pattern, now I'll get it out and use it. Such a great basic.
lamstu said... (1/9/11 8:49 AM) Reply
What a beautiful skirt and great use of a challenging fabric with this pattern. Also, thanks for sharing your inspiration piece. (I had to go back and check out your sewing room and it is quite tidy! How do you do that?)
AnneMarie60 said... (1/9/11 8:43 AM) Reply
@Annette -- You crack me up! @Barbara V -- It's so helpful when talented sewists like you include a photo of your inspiration garment. Your fabric is perfect for this feminine skirt, and it looks absolutely stunning on you.
VtMartha said... (1/9/11 7:24 AM) Reply
Gorgeous skirt! Great design for such fabulous fabric.
SewWil said... (1/9/11 1:45 AM) Reply
Wonderful interpretation of the skirt from Peruvian Connection. I love your fabric. The whole outfit looks great!
callmeRuth said... (1/9/11 0:46 AM) Reply
Beautiful skirt and a very helpful review. I have some double cloth gauze in my stash and now I know what to make with it.
Ann Smith said... (1/8/11 11:57 PM) Reply
Finally I see this on you. Perfect with the top, even more fantastic in person when you can see the sheerness of the fabric.
DorothyK said... (1/8/11 11:19 PM) Reply
What a fabulous pattern for that fabric. You have such vision. Your sewing room looks great.
Nan Kay said... (1/8/11 10:26 PM) Reply
Simply marvelous! love the whole look.
FreyaStark said... (1/8/11 9:30 PM) Reply
Fabulous, especially with that top. A chic and distinctive skirt.
sfshaza said... (1/8/11 9:09 PM) Reply
What a beautiful outfit, Barbara. I love how you've used the double cloth. And, get this, I have the exact same fabric in the Pervian Connection skirt! Wow, this gives me an idea on how to use it. This fabric has been stumping me a bit. :) Thanks for such a great idea!
Annette1 said... (1/8/11 8:35 PM) Reply
Yeah, and that whole "tidy" thing is really ticking me off. I can barely make a path to the sewing machine. :o) You're wearing this beautiful outfit in my FAVORITE COLORS. I love the unique hemline and the bias cut of this skirt. It's so flattering!
RadarRadiance said... (1/8/11 8:34 PM) Reply
I have to agree with everything Christas said! Love the whole outfit, great top and the skirt is very cool! You pull it off perfect!
Christas said... (1/8/11 8:23 PM) Reply
That is such a very pretty and unique skirt. The fabrics could not be more perfect together and look so nice with your Vogue top. The boots, tights, necklace, and bracelet are the perfect accessories to make a very stylish look! What a nice and very tidy sewing room you have!

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2012-118B