Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Tosca Dress (Tosca Dress)

Reviewed by:DorothyK

About DorothyKstarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 3/13/06
Posted on:1/7/11 7:54 PM

mylittleelephant said... (1/9/11 7:03 PM) Reply
I do adore your dress. Very much.
janet said... (1/9/11 4:16 AM) Reply
WOWSA! You look FANTASTIC! I would wear this dress in a HEARTBEAT!!
JETrinity said... (1/8/11 10:16 PM) Reply
Thanks for showing us this new Sewing Workshop pattern. I've fallen in love with it.
Danvillegirl said... (1/8/11 6:56 PM) Reply
Very avant-garde!
Karendee said... (1/8/11 1:42 PM) Reply
Trendy, trendy as usual! You do wear this outfit so well and it is beautifully accessorized.
magoe6217 said... (1/8/11 12:59 PM) Reply
I love the fact that you used a knit for this. I think especially in the neckline area it falls much nicer and more softly than a woven fabric would. Not everyone could wear this dress, but you pull it off with great pizzazz. You have a wonderful sense of style.
SueV said... (1/8/11 11:26 AM) Reply
wow, i was waiting for a review of this dress from either you or Ann - really cute. I like the way the stripes show off the seams and pockets.
Barbara V said... (1/8/11 10:58 AM) Reply
I've been waiting to see this new SW pattern reviewed and so glad to see a couple of reviews now posted! You did a fantastic job, Dorothy. Your rendition and presentation are a knock out with your choice of color, fabric, and stripe size. All combine to make a striking look.
Karine said... (1/8/11 10:19 AM) Reply
Very fun pattern and I agree with the other reviewers - yours looks so much better than the pattern illustration. Love the stripes!
hmacski said... (1/8/11 8:57 AM) Reply
Fabulous. I wouldn't have given this design a second thought based on the drawing....but wow, your version is a head turner! great choice of fabric and your styling of the outfit absolutely rocks. Thanks for a great review. helen
NVK said... (1/8/11 8:06 AM) Reply
This dress is a perfect match of design and fabric choice. I love that you know how to choose the right garment syle for your body type. I love your sophisticated style. The jumper looks great on you. Thanks for the review.
Ann Smith said... (1/8/11 0:22 AM) Reply
Wow. This looks so much better than the pattern illustration. The stripes knock it out of the park and your styling with the boots, t-shirt and bracelet really rocks the look. I must make it now, in a stripe.
rivergum said... (1/7/11 11:03 PM) Reply
Oops, double post...
rivergum said... (1/7/11 11:03 PM) Reply
Wow, I love what you did with this pattern! The tucks look great, I prefer them to the bubble hem in the drawing. As always, your taste is impeccable.
Christas said... (1/7/11 10:59 PM) Reply
What a very unique and cute jumper! The striped fabric is perfect for this pattern!
pegsewer said... (1/7/11 10:07 PM) Reply
This looks great on you and I love what you've done with the stripe. Aren't you glad that SW if finally done another dress?? Peg
mm said... (1/7/11 9:10 PM) Reply
L ove it! I can't wait for my pattern to arrive. I like the pockets. Sewing Workshop patterns are great for people with small busts.
Leslie Bonner said... (1/7/11 8:11 PM) Reply
Fabulous, I love the stripe and the fact that you used a knit. I think it softened the lines of the dress.
sfshaza said... (1/7/11 8:08 PM) Reply
Oooh, I love it in the stripe knit! And, I agree, those pockets on a busty frame - not as good. I love the tucks you've added to the back as well. Very cute!
JustineSewcountrychick said... (1/7/11 8:02 PM) Reply
A very avant-garde looking dress!

by: Danmar