Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 2094 (Misses Tops 8 Great Looks)

Reviewed by:Hiyoko

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Last.Ember said... (1/25/11 8:46 AM) Reply
I love your shirt. If I was a size 8, I would buy it from you if you decided you didn't like it...You did and excellent job and I think it looks great on you!!!
JETrinity said... (1/11/11 2:28 PM) Reply
It is a great looking shirt on you and you did a beautiful job working with the pattern. Congratulations on your first review. As an older teacher I wish they would not make patterns for all the young people (short hems, spaghetti straps, etc.). Guess we'll both have to look really hard at patterns and find something that works.
lamstu said... (1/9/11 8:15 PM) Reply
I like your blouse very much, the modifications were worth your time. I guess your pattern size is likely to be smaller than your RTW size since you seem small boned. (For me, I wear size 10-12 RTW, I measure size 14-16/42 in patterns, but I have best results sewing size 10-12/40 and doing FBA plus a little extra added to both side seams. Keep up the good work!)
Diane333 said... (1/9/11 5:11 PM) Reply
Like your shirt and the deep plaid color. Glad you got it to fit.
lynne1nor said... (1/9/11 12:05 PM) Reply
I like your shirt very much! Nice fabric and nice spider buttons. Looks great to me!
RadarRadiance said... (1/9/11 10:31 AM) Reply
You do learn on each pattern. I can't believe you used a size 12!!! The 8 does a much better job and you have this one figured out because it looks very cute on you and fits nice. We do come in many shapes... haha!
SewWil said... (1/9/11 1:57 AM) Reply
Very nice top. Good job.
Hiyoko said... (1/8/11 8:42 PM) Reply
Thanks for the positive feedback!! Radar- I have made skirts using a junior pattern before, however they had an elastic waistband so it's hard to say for sure whether I would fit that size in another garment. I tend to wonder if in this pattern they just messed up in the placement of the darts. It's interesting how sizing varies from person to person. Finding the perfect fit is such a challenge! I used to sew a size 12, with practice I've realized that's not my size lol! I stick to the smaller sizes now and make modifications where they're needed. I have to admit, the patterns that make me work the hardest help me to develop as a sewer!
MNBarb said... (1/8/11 7:25 PM) Reply
It doesn't look dated on the photo. Whatever you did to fix the fit must have worked. I see a nice, fitted top, not schoolmarm-ish at all.
RadarRadiance said... (1/8/11 6:18 PM) Reply
It does look cute even though the pattern wasn't what you wanted for fit. I wonder if some of the Junior sizes would work better for you? They are designed for a smaller higher bust? Just a thought... I like this pattern but then I have problems with the bust darts normally being too high up ;-0 I had read on one earlier review that this pattern has been around for many years so the "dated" is probable true. I've made this one twice, the second I went up a size and it is too big. My first one I liked and made a sleeveless version.
Kayseri said... (1/8/11 6:05 PM) Reply
Good looking shirt.
valerie sews said... (1/8/11 5:46 PM) Reply
Your shirt look great. I like your choice of material.

by: Mary Themo...