Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5764

NV USA
Member since: 6/23/09
Posted on:1/9/11 11:32 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
DKG said... (5/28/11 10:45 PM) Reply
This cape is fabulous. You've done a wonderful job. Thank you for the details about how you lined it. I'll be following suit.
Ericaeli said... (1/10/11 9:27 PM) Reply
Thank you for the nice comments. JTink, I attached the bias binding to the facing using my binder foot (I sewed the cape on my featherweight, and it is the binder foot that came with it). After I attached the binding to the facing, I just laid the facing on the lining and sewed it down. I tried to sew it down on the same stitching line as the binding attachment, but I wasn't very careful. I then basted the edges, so the facing and lining were one unit. I hope that makes sense.
JTink said... (1/10/11 1:48 PM) Reply
This is so pretty. I'm interested in how you attached the bias tape to the facing edge and then attached it to the lining. Such a nice clean finish.
lesliez said... (1/10/11 12:33 PM) Reply
Beautiful job on your cape and lining. It looks great on you.
Nan Kay said... (1/10/11 9:05 AM) Reply
Your version is really nice. Love the lining, no cape should be unlined, they stick to every thing you wear under it! Nice work.
carolynw said... (1/10/11 9:03 AM) Reply
Another beauty from this pattern - just read Lori V's and remarked that I must get to using mine - your version reinforces that - maybe today!! Will be lining mine also and may copy your idea of acontrasting lovely color
MNBarb said... (1/10/11 8:04 AM) Reply
Not too many photos. I loved seeing your capelet in detail. Your addition of the silk lining and little details like the leaf label make your garment fabulously unique. I agree that the pattern designers should just be including a lining is a pattern similar to this or for jackets, in general. You could have another cape in your wardrobe, it seems perfect for your climate and a really good style for you. Ooh, it would be lovely in a brightly colored wool!
Lori V said... (1/10/11 6:32 AM) Reply
Very cute, you did a beautiful job, inside and out.
Coastal Connie said... (1/10/11 0:39 AM) Reply
That is absolutely gorgeous! I love that you lined it and it is such a good color match. Very nice work!
SewWil said... (1/10/11 0:15 AM) Reply
Beautiful capelet. I like the leaf detail on the inside. Nice touch.
Terri A said... (1/10/11 0:05 AM) Reply
Very cute! You look great in it.

Summer Tote Paper Pattern