Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8469 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:rivergum

About rivergumstarstarstarstar
Member since: 12/17/06
Posted on:1/10/11 8:20 PM
Last Updated:1/12/11 4:10 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

Belladogna said... (5/27/12 3:14 AM) Reply
I love it as a maxi and I love how it looks on you!
KathleenS said... (1/14/11 6:01 PM) Reply
Tricky. I know I would be agonising over this decision. Of the shorter ones, I prefer the calf length. Maybe keep track of how much/if you wear the maxi for the rest of the summer and if you don't, then shorten it for next summer? Lovely fabric.
SewWil said... (1/13/11 0:28 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress. The fabric is beautiful and perfect for this style. I like the maxi. It looks great on you.
LorrieAnn said... (1/12/11 10:21 PM) Reply
The dress is beautiful - fabric is lovely, and it fits you nicely. If you already have lots of work dresses, save this just the way it is for summer. I think you will wear it quite often - very pretty.
Karen8320 said... (1/12/11 8:51 PM) Reply
Lovely work, Frantic! I say 'go the maxi'. I love the long and floaty look and I think you look particularly elegant in the maxi look.
kkkkaty said... (1/12/11 5:59 PM) Reply
I vote for the maxi, as well. The shortest version is least flattering. Very pretty fabric!
waltzqueen said... (1/11/11 6:16 PM) Reply
I vote for calf length which has the best proportions. Lovely lovely dress.
Izzie said... (1/11/11 1:34 PM) Reply
I vote Maxi too! It is a beautiful dress!
BHarmony said... (1/11/11 11:47 AM) Reply
Please let it as a maxi--it would make a fabulous hostess gown, and the fabric is so lovely!
BillieJean said... (1/11/11 7:18 AM) Reply
I love the maxi but I like the calf length too and I think at the calf length you could do without the belt, which I like best. Beautiful dress.
Vonnevo said... (1/11/11 3:03 AM) Reply
Love your beautiful dress either length. The longer length works nicely for cafe dining with strappy sandals on warm days. Maybe see what the *magic closet* tells you next summer :)
Natasha B said... (1/11/11 0:23 AM) Reply
Such pretty fabric, the dress looks lovely. I would leave it maxi and enjoy the "specialness".
Annette1 said... (1/10/11 11:40 PM) Reply
This is SO pretty in this lovely floral, WITH the silk lining, no less. I would absolutely leave it maxi for a while at least. Then, like you said, if you decide to cut it, go for the mid-calf length. You can always go shorter later! I like it just the way it is. :o)
Schnauzer said... (1/10/11 11:38 PM) Reply
What a lovely dress. Another vote for calf length, here.
brrmm said... (1/10/11 9:25 PM) Reply
I REALLY like the shorter knee length myself as it looks like a pretty summer dress that way. Great work.
FreyaStark said... (1/10/11 9:09 PM) Reply
I think it looks fabulous as is - maxi length with no sash or belt. Even if you think you don't need a maxi dress, if you keep it, you'll find occasions to wear it. If you must shorten it, I agree with jmosew that mid-calf length looks better than the shorter version and fine without a belt.
jmosew said... (1/10/11 9:02 PM) Reply
I've never ever commented before, but had to tell you that the fabric and the dress look lovely. I like the calf-length pinned picture, it looks more proportional to the fullness of the skirt to me than the shorter one does.
Pattern Work