Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Verona Jacket and Coat (Jacket)

Reviewed by:marthamyers

About marthamyersstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/14/05
Posted on:1/12/11 6:38 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Other Projects by marthamyers using this Pattern

selvage said... (10/30/13 4:47 PM) Reply
Glad I looked up this review again. I am going to make this coat this season, and I want it to look like yours--asymmetrical opening rather than double-breasted style. Thanks for the great review.
Monica Ann said... (1/26/13 11:56 AM) Reply
Very lovely coat and technique.
SewPerfect said... (9/2/11 7:20 PM) Reply
I found this pattern in my stash today, long used, and decided to see if anyone had made it - LOVE your versions. I do believe this will be my project for the long weekend! :) Also, I have fully a third of the patterns you've reviewed, it is so nice to see them on a person, I have never done well with envisioning the garment from a line drawing! I like your reviews.
Annette1 said... (1/17/11 0:14 AM) Reply
FINALLY, I found your review -- ha! I knew I had seen a coat of yours in the review gallery, but didn't get to look at it right then, so I had to TRACK YOU DOWN. :o) This is truly a stunning coat, Martha. It's so CLASSY, with the mix of fabrics that you have here. That COLLAR, I LOVE!
VivianZ said... (1/14/11 8:10 AM) Reply
This coat is beautiful. I like the review also, esp. the s-curved lining, and the construction technique changes you made.
Christas said... (1/14/11 0:07 AM) Reply
What a very stylish coat with wonderful details! You did such a nice job of sewing this lovely garment!
DorothyK said... (1/13/11 7:44 PM) Reply
You gave this pattern a very elegant treatment. I love the collar, your use of fabric, the button, and the asymmetrical opening. Well done.
blue mooney said... (1/13/11 6:31 PM) Reply
"Understated elegance"says it all. Very,very nice.
JETrinity said... (1/13/11 2:12 PM) Reply
Oh, your coat looks so great with the stripe trims. I loved seeing the serpentine curves on the inside. What a surprise. Thanks for pointing out this pattern.
Diane333 said... (1/13/11 10:24 AM) Reply
What a stunningly beautiful coat.
ITAdmin said... (1/13/11 10:22 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat and a great job of sewing, too. I love the color and fabric combinations.
Karine said... (1/13/11 9:42 AM) Reply
Your coat is stunning! Like others, I've had this pattern since it came out, but haven't been motivated enough to try it. Moving the button placement and closing the collar make such a dramatic difference. I love what you've done with it. Thanks for the review and details/photos on your blog. Very helpful.
sew2little said... (1/13/11 0:18 AM) Reply
Martha--your coat is just beautiful. The contrasting fabric is perfect, as is your button choice. Kudos.
rivergum said... (1/13/11 0:14 AM) Reply
Beautiful. I love the understated elegance. Your execution is faultless.
Barbara V said... (1/12/11 10:00 PM) Reply
Your coat is really lovely! Nice change to the asymmetric opening.
AuntieShel said... (1/12/11 7:54 PM) Reply
Oh, this coat is stunning!! The collar is divine!!
Nancy K said... (1/12/11 7:42 PM) Reply
It's a beautiful coat. Nice use of contrasting fabric. and like Ann I find the asymmetry much more attractive and interesting than the double breasted of the original.
Fran S said... (1/12/11 7:32 PM) Reply
Martha, thank you for reviewing this. I've been admiring this pattern for a while now. And, I am very happy to see you blog!
Ann Smith said... (1/12/11 7:26 PM) Reply
Very lovely. I like it much better the way you did it asymmetrically rather than the double breasted way. I think that was holding me back from liking this pattern.
Terri K said... (1/12/11 7:05 PM) Reply
Martha I so appreciate your review of this pattern and the details on your blog (of which I am a new follower). I love what you have done with it both times. I've never been a fan of double breasted coats and jackets, so this pattern has languished in between my TNT Sewing Workshop patterns. Your finished coat combines the elegance of asymmetry and simplicity - BRAVO!

Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick SB322