Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Reviewed by:Melody

About Melodystarstar
MI United States
Member since: 2/7/02

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:1/12/11 9:14 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Lynnelle said... (1/14/11 2:09 PM) Reply
Lookin' good, Mel! Whatever you did to the back definitely improved the fit. I think the knee wrinkles stem from full calves - a feature that some folks have surgery to get! I wouldn't worry about it. Nice job!
Erin D said... (1/13/11 10:00 PM) Reply
I also think your fit issues are really no big deal-they look very nice!
sewtime said... (1/13/11 8:24 PM) Reply
Your jeans look so nice, and love your pockets!!
Kathy in NM said... (1/13/11 3:14 PM) Reply
These are excellent, not even counting that they are the first "non-muslin" pair!!! A few minor tweaks and they will be perfect. Oh, how so many of use would like to say that! Congrats on a great pair of jeans, with special embroidery on the pockets - what a great friend!
Melody said... (1/13/11 2:21 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone, JillnJosh, Here's the design: Flourish @ Urban Threads
JETrinity said... (1/13/11 2:18 PM) Reply
This is an excellent fit for the first time. And you will know what to change next time. Your friend did an excellent job on the back pockets.
Gelbean said... (1/13/11 11:05 AM) Reply
Your jeans look great!! I have made these 3 times and I love them.
Sewing Chick said... (1/13/11 8:46 AM) Reply
Great looking pair of jeans. I bought this pattern about a year ago, but haven't made it up. I'm in the process of losing weight on Weight Watchers. This may be my reward when I get to my goal. Thanks for the great review.
mhk3boys said... (1/13/11 8:09 AM) Reply
I agree with MNBarb, I think your fit is great! I would leave it alone. Try some RTW and then you with love thoses jeans! The back pockets are beautiful, better than RTW!
MNBarb said... (1/13/11 7:44 AM) Reply
I don't think you have fit issues, or they are minor if you do. Wear these with pride, they look great.
jillnjosh said... (1/13/11 3:51 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review Melody! Could you ask Elnora which embroidery pattern she used, or in which category she found it? Your pockets keep drawing my eye (in an admiring way).
bangerlm said... (1/13/11 1:51 AM) Reply
Hmm... that is interesting that you said to follow the pics on the fly, because I just made these and my fly turned out horrible and I was really upset. But re-reading it I do think I misunderstood the written directions, or they are different than the pics. Great job!
ggf2005 said... (1/12/11 11:55 PM) Reply
They came out great Miss Melody. I'm still working on mine...the first pair needed shorter front crotch and more length in the bum! They didn't fit my daughter or me:(
michellep74 said... (1/12/11 11:05 PM) Reply
These turned out great! They are really, really flattering on you--your legs look a mile long. You should definitely add a few more pairs of these to your wardrobe!
GoSewGirl said... (1/12/11 9:35 PM) Reply
These are great jeans - first pair or not! They look really good on you and I like the authentic jeans details. I think the *fit issues* that you pointed out in the photos are really minor ones! You did a really nice job on these.
khurtdvm said... (1/12/11 9:29 PM) Reply