Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7444 (Dress & Shirt)

Reviewed by:chickenlips

About chickenlipsstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 5/3/09
Posted on:1/14/11 12:55 PM

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
chickenlips said... (3/1/11 7:50 AM) Reply
JDPenelope, Hi, so sorry for slow response. No, youíre right, I didnít do an FBA on this. Although I took a lot out of the upper body, there is still loads of room left in it, as the cowl effect is still there, which comes more from the bodice than the neckline. Iím an E cup, so with wovens I would need do an FBA, but knits I donít usually have to, and particularly not on this style. I canít wait to see your version Ė I love mine, itís one of my favourite things Iíve made.
JDpenelope said... (2/19/11 12:42 PM) Reply
Hi again -- I'm going to attempt this pattern. Looking at your profile, you mention that you usually do a FBA. I take it that you didn't in this case, and we know how beautifully it fit. So even after all of those huge seams you took to get a more fitted look, a fba wasn't necessary.....? A batwing look isn't what I'd want with set in sleeves, but no fba is appealing (I normally need one, too). Thanks for any help.
JDpenelope said... (2/7/11 6:07 PM) Reply
It's beautiful on you! And your review is so helpful for sizing-- I am getting to like the drapier look, but if I try this pattern (and I might), I will still size down, based on your experience.
bangerlm said... (1/17/11 10:46 PM) Reply
very nice. thanks for the info. I hope I get time to make this one
SewWil said... (1/14/11 8:52 PM) Reply
Very nice! Great fit.
Aroura said... (1/14/11 2:47 PM) Reply
Excellent top, love the gathered shoulders. The entire look is very lovely! I would love to have a long sleeved shirt this nice. :)
Twinset said... (1/14/11 1:09 PM) Reply
I really like your top, very stylish!

Decades of Style 3009