Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS

• Pressing Leather
    • Sewing Darts
    • Inserting Zipper
    • Finishing
  9. Bonus: A 29 page PDF document showing step by step photos of all the different types of darts and seams. ">Leather 101 Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2218 (Misses Top)

Reviewed by:VROOM VROOM

About VROOM VROOM
TX USA
Member since: 8/14/03
Posted on:7/4/04 4:41 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people

mumbo said... (2/25/10 1:27 AM) Reply
I agree with you Vroom Vroom. I have made view F (v neck) in 100% cotton and, although it sits well and looks classic, there is no room for arm movement and no need for the zip as I can get it over my head easily. The zip is very long and difficult to do up. I am 5'10" tall and I made size 14 out to size 16 for my hips but I felt sausage like below my bust. I should have made 16 all over. I'm not that familiar with Vogue patterns. Good luck with your nursing and keep up your sewing.
pieraci2 said... (12/3/09 7:32 AM) Reply
I thought the reviewer should be more objective.
helenzdj said... (10/30/09 7:27 AM) Reply
Its a shame it didnt fit correctly - did you attempt to adjust the pattern for a DD cup or leave it as is?
hdgirl said... (11/6/07 9:53 AM) Reply
I have made the skirt and am having fitting problems, bc of my bum. I did 1 inch seems and feel I need to reduce the front waist so it hangs better in the back. The top I've cut out but have not sew yet. I am curious now to see if I will have similiar fit problems bc I too made size 20-22. I'd be interested to hear more about how to adjust 'white fabric at the bust per one reviewer.
VROOM VROOM said... (7/9/04 8:32 AM) Reply
I don't like zippers in tops b/c I am always in a rush to do everything. My schedule many weeks is 6a to 10pm- I am a nursing student who is working full-time. The zipper is so long. I am a big woman. The back reach and long zip up is just wasteful. I would rather throw a nicely cut top over my head like Butterick 3390, which is discontinued now, and keep going. No, I do not have a dress form. I just keep making the same pattern over and over. I live in a small apt, so a dress form would sacrifice needed space for nursing books, etc. One day when I graduate I will have a dress form. That will be a true luxury for me. Trust me it is on my list of things to get. And they say money can't buy you happiness :)
Annette H said... (7/5/04 1:07 PM) Reply
What a pity. Did you try the pattern on yourself or a dress form before sewing it up? Don't just throw it in the bin. A white top can be saved by inserting other fabrics into darts (don't know how to describe it). White is easier to fix than colours or prints. A challenge to make it work! I usually like Vogue, so it's interesting to hear about this one.
AnneM said... (7/4/04 7:02 PM) Reply
Hmm, sounds like it runs large in the shoulder & small in the torso! What a shame to lose the fabric. Why did you say that the zipper was a bad idea?

Decades of Style 3009