Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Tosca Dress (Tosca Dress)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:1/14/11 8:54 PM
Last Updated:1/14/11 9:04 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
Annette1 said... (1/16/11 11:54 PM) Reply
You've mastered this fabric and whipped it into such a FUN and CUTE dress. I LOVE that collar. :o)
Karine said... (1/15/11 12:02 PM) Reply
I love your Tosca dress! It's such a fun style and your fabric is perfect for it.
JETrinity said... (1/15/11 11:36 AM) Reply
This pattern is really growing on me as I see more and more reviews. You've been busy.
FreyaStark said... (1/15/11 0:03 AM) Reply
Very nice. I feel more and more like having a go at this one myself.
kkkkaty said... (1/15/11 0:00 AM) Reply
oh, la la, you and Dorothy are so glam, I think my pulse rate goes up when I get an e-mail saying you two have posted new reviews. Super cool dress, looks great on both of you, and I aspire to be as hip as you two are (and I aspire to make this dress...)
DorothyK said... (1/14/11 10:57 PM) Reply
I love your version. The fabric ended up looking fantastic. It is great with the jacket. You always manage to make the best of a frustrating fabric. I think I would have given up on this one, but then I would have missed out on a great dress.
CynthiaSue said... (1/14/11 10:34 PM) Reply
how adorable. it's like a little jumper. would be great with boots too i think!
marthamyers said... (1/14/11 10:28 PM) Reply
I love all 3 versions of this that have been posted on PR. It looks great on all 3 of you. Thanks for the information about the pockets. Your ability to deal with crinkle fabric is impressive. I'm not been brave enough to try it, though I have some. BTW, I think that black sometimes looks brown (or blue) in a picture because it starts life as another color and the fabric manufacturer eventually dyes it black. Most blacks will also fade to either brownish or blueish. I have heard that - don't know if it is urban legend or not. Thanks for another excellent review of this interesting pattern.
Barbara V said... (1/14/11 9:28 PM) Reply
Wow, you are super productive! I think this is your week for challenging fabrics, but you managed to deal with ithem well. Your dress looks super fun and funky as you stated the others do. Nice style on you.

by: ManiMayor