Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7623 (VEST)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:1/15/11 8:48 AM
See other patterns in this category: Vests
Annette1 said... (1/16/11 11:51 PM) Reply
This is SO cute, and I love it with the wide belt to show off your tiny waist, too. :o)
Heatherrique said... (1/16/11 11:31 AM) Reply
Kudos to you Barb for creating a sleek looking vest from your serger. I like the flattering fit that you achieved!
Karine said... (1/16/11 10:45 AM) Reply
I'm so glad you reviewed this pattern - I bought it and really like it, but was a little hesitant to try it. Your vest is tres chic - you wear it well!
JETrinity said... (1/16/11 10:25 AM) Reply
What a nice job. I bet you are really happy to have a serger.
MNBarb said... (1/15/11 11:28 PM) Reply
The serger was given to me by my sister. She had two and is trying to de-clutter her home.
lamstu said... (1/15/11 7:56 PM) Reply
Great vest and fabulous styling - glasses too! Contests on your serger. What compelled you to buy now? Just curious as I have never developed any interest to expand past my pfaff 2040.
Mushywear said... (1/15/11 1:21 PM) Reply
I hadn't noticed this Burda pattern. It suits you well. I really like the off center zipper too. Black is such a versatile color for this style.
Lynnelle said... (1/15/11 12:04 PM) Reply
This pattern is on my ever-increasing list of things to sew. Thanks for the review. Your vest is very nice!
dingyadi said... (1/15/11 11:04 AM) Reply
Your jacket is fabulous! It looks so chic. Congrats on the serger - the world of knits will now be your oyster! And the glasses are very nice.
Knitz said... (1/15/11 10:53 AM) Reply
What a nice look on you!
Barbara V said... (1/15/11 10:40 AM) Reply
Cute jacket with nice style. It looks great on you as does the pair of glasses! Have fun with that serger!
Gelbean said... (1/15/11 9:43 AM) Reply
Great looking vest and very nice fit! I just got new glasses so I know exactly what you mean. :)
MNBarb said... (1/15/11 9:26 AM) Reply
Yes, I want comments on the glasses. I'm off to make my final decision. It's funny how you get used to yourself in a pair of glasses and every other pair you try seems to scream LOOK AT ME I'M WEARING NEW GLASSES!!!!!
Elizabeth made this said... (1/15/11 9:16 AM) Reply
I love the asymmetric zipper. Congratulations on your first serger project! You won't want to stop!!! I like how edgy the glasses look with this jacket too.
Lori V said... (1/15/11 8:58 AM) Reply
Very nice vest, looks great on you.

Pattern Work