Pattern Reviews> La Mia Boutique Magazine> 12-2009-13 (Tunic dress)

Reviewed by:EveS

About EveSstarstarstarstar
MI USA
Member since: 11/26/06
Posted on:1/17/11 8:52 AM

Sweater knit fabrics

Christas said... (1/26/11 3:53 PM) Reply
This looks VERY cute on you! I finally had gotten to the point where I was happy with my patterns and pattern magazines, and now you make me want ANOTHER pattern magazine. You didn't even have to twist my arm or nuthin'! I love your new dress. Those little boys of yours are going to be so proud to show off their very stylish mom!
Kayseri said... (1/18/11 3:32 PM) Reply
Great dress, and I'm very jealous of your fabric.
mochimo said... (1/18/11 9:47 AM) Reply
Great tunic! I like everything about it and it looks great on you. I sometimes buy LMB but I don't have this issue :-(
Mary Nanna said... (1/18/11 2:44 AM) Reply
Great work! I subscribe to LMB so I recognised it immediately and thought, oh good, someone else sews LMB so I can see how these things look on real people. It looks great on you!
Annette1 said... (1/17/11 11:36 PM) Reply
I LOVE this! In fact, I see you're making an entire new wardrobe, from the thumbnails in the Review Gallery. :o) I recently ordered the plus version of the magazine, and it has some really cute things in it. I thought the same thing when I saw the tracing pages ... I think I can actually FOLLOW THE LINES (and FIND the lines). :o) Beautiful job!
Natasha B said... (1/17/11 7:25 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! Fabric's great and you look fantastic.
michellep74 said... (1/17/11 5:01 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress--this looks great on you!
JaniePDX said... (1/17/11 2:47 PM) Reply
Super cute--and thanks for the info on LMB sizing. I've got a 3-pack arriving any day now. Your top came out perfect--definitely NOT your MIL's tunic.
Twinset said... (1/17/11 12:30 PM) Reply
Very nice dress! Thanks for reviewing it!
MNBarb said... (1/17/11 12:14 PM) Reply
The textured fabric adds such pizzazz to the pattern I'm glad you caved and bought it. Very nice in the tunic length.
EveS said... (1/17/11 12:09 PM) Reply
Actually, that helps a lot, squirrelly! I *used* to be a 42 but have graduated to a 44 right now, so the 46 should be the ticket. So...I think this pattern runs a bit small (it even looks tight on Miss Beanpole's arms in the mag) and yes, I have some extra fluff. I'm tempted to try a 46 plus just for comparison.
squirrellypoo said... (1/17/11 11:39 AM) Reply
EveS - I'm pretty much a standard Burda 42 (no alterations needed). If I go just by LMB's size chart, I should be a 46, but I tried this for my first LMB pattern and it was too large for me, so since that I always do a 44 and that fits me pretty well. That being said, I think all my LMB projects have been knits, where a cm here or there wouldn't matter much... Does this help at all?
SewWil said... (1/17/11 10:33 AM) Reply
VERY nice! Looks great on you. Thanks for the detailed review.
Elizabeth made this said... (1/17/11 9:39 AM) Reply
What a great dress.
EveS said... (1/17/11 9:27 AM) Reply
Squirrellypoo, do you find their waist msmts are smaller than Burdas - even if you size up?...I'm trying to decipher their msmt charts and it looks like they are. Trying to avoid the possibility that it's ME! lol.
squirrellypoo said... (1/17/11 9:23 AM) Reply
Fantastic dress! It was well worth the alterations, and thanks for the comparative analysis with the other patterns of similar styles! (oh, and I go up one size from my Burda size for LMB, too)
pterion said... (1/17/11 9:22 AM) Reply
This top looks fantastic on you! And such pretty fabric.

Bluegingerdoll The Peggy Skirt Pattern