Pattern Reviews> Green Pepper> f890 (Socks)

Reviewed by:AnitaJJ

About AnitaJJstar
FL USA
Member since: 7/6/08
Posted on:1/17/11 1:31 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
JETrinity said... (2/3/11 1:19 PM) Reply
Hey, you got your DH to cut out the fabric just like I do. Congratulations on a nice pair of socks.
AnitaJJ said... (1/18/11 10:10 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the nice comments. And to Deborah, after making the fleece pair, I made a pair out of "CoolMax" which is one of those stretchy anti-wicking thin fabrics used for running shirts and other athletic garb. They turned out GREAT. I will add a pic of those and some description.
JudyHan said... (1/18/11 9:17 AM) Reply
I made a ton of these for Christmas this year and had a blast - so easy! The socks are very warm too! It is a great way to get little kids on the sewing machine.
Deborah K said... (1/18/11 0:04 AM) Reply
Now here's a nutty question for you. I have been wanting to sew knee socks from a stretchy cotton knit. I know this pattern is for fleece, but do you think it would work in a stretch cotton knit? Thanks.
Annette1 said... (1/17/11 11:30 PM) Reply
These really ARE nice socks, and I'm somewhat of a sock fanatic ... or perhaps I should say I WOULD be if I could FIND socks that I really like. I wear a size 10 shoe, so the run-of-the-mill Wal-Mart socks or whatever often feel too short in the toes, thus driving me MO' CRAZY than I already am! That HEEL is really nice. Love the photo, and I think your dog is ready for ANOTHER walk.
SewWil said... (1/17/11 7:42 PM) Reply
Great socks. Thanks for reviewing this.
sewtime said... (1/17/11 5:36 PM) Reply
Very nice!!
moonthirty said... (1/17/11 3:33 PM) Reply
Very cool... Will look for this pattern!
MNBarb said... (1/17/11 3:20 PM) Reply
I love the modeling. I never thought fleece socks could work so you've proven me wrong.

by: yummymummy...