Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3620 (Misses Fitted Blouses)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

Other Projects by MNBarb using this Pattern

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

JETrinity said... (2/3/11 1:24 PM) Reply
This to me is not a flop. Maybe wear it unbuttoned once in a while and it will grow on you. I hope because you need to see some of my flops and will quickly know it is a flop.
lamstu said... (1/19/11 7:45 PM) Reply
I also think it looks quite nice and not a wadder. Maybe you could just cut the ties off? and shape through the side seams and darts? Also, the buttons are high enough that you could just wear it as a blouse, nothing underneath? Good luck!
mssewcrazy said... (1/19/11 8:49 AM) Reply
That looks nice -maybe make a silky something to wear underneath. My favorite tank top is a silky knit poly animal print made of pure junk that I wear under a hoodie set zipped up. It doesn't wrinkle and the velour slides over it and provides a tiny accent of color at the neck-maybe some fabric silky like that would work under your nice jacket which is really attractive.
Scheryka said... (1/18/11 11:25 PM) Reply
Neat blouse, very cute. I like that style a lot. I need a black blouse in my wardrobe, hmmm.
janet said... (1/18/11 8:43 PM) Reply
You did a BEAUTIFUL job on your jacket. You look LOVELY in it. The lining looks adds to the Quality look of the jacket--I just would have used a "silkier" lining so that it is easier to take off and on. I hope you fall in love with your jacket soon.
VirginiasDghter said... (1/18/11 4:03 PM) Reply
Hmmm....I like it! It's unique, a great color that will go with anything and you seem to be of a size that you can get away with "pokey-outey" every once in a while - lol! I hope it does grow on you cuz it looks good on you!
Barbara V said... (1/18/11 12:02 PM) Reply
Very nice looking even though you are not quite happy with it. I think it looks nice as completed. If you are not satisfied with the tie detail, perhaps it could be replaced with a belt. I think just wear and enjoy :-)
Margaret said... (1/18/11 4:16 AM) Reply
I think it looks really good on you. I wonder if you could use a slide buckle on the ties so they would seem less poky-outy.
FreyaStark said... (1/18/11 4:04 AM) Reply
Your concept is a good one. I think it's better than a wadder.
Annette1 said... (1/17/11 11:28 PM) Reply
I've reviewed a few flops in my day, but I'm having trouble seeing THIS as a flop! It really does look NICE on you. I hope you'll wear it, and it escapes being a wadder!
21wale said... (1/17/11 10:28 PM) Reply
Before I read your review, I thought the picture was sooooo cute. It's a great style and really suits you. If the fit of the fabric doesn't grow on you, you should try it as a blouse. And I'm glad you mentioned the trouble with the lining. I probably would have lined it in whatever seemed good at the time without realizing the reason behind slippery linings.
RadarRadiance said... (1/17/11 9:41 PM) Reply
I think it has a lot of possibilities, it does look good and fits very nice. I like the first idea of a silk blouse under it and the lining won't stick. You could also play around with the ties. Can they be used in the back or a buckle added. It looks nice as is, also looks like you have lots of options yet.
Gelbean said... (1/17/11 8:01 PM) Reply
I think it looks perfect. I'm sorry you don't like it. Maybe it's just not how you imagined it but it could grow on you.
SewWil said... (1/17/11 7:46 PM) Reply
I think it looks good. "Walk away" from it for a bit and see if you like it better when you come back to it. I suggest you wear it out. I bet you will get some compliments on it. That may change your mind...
Mushywear said... (1/17/11 6:44 PM) Reply
This jacket looks nicely balanced, well sewn, and beautifully fit. See if it will grow on you. It's a unique alternative to a run of the mill jacket. I really like the colorful lining too.
sew2little said... (1/17/11 5:44 PM) Reply
Perhaps if you don't compare it to your inspiration you'll like this jacket. It looks great on you!
Knitz said... (1/17/11 5:30 PM) Reply
Sorry it didn't work the way you would have liked, but I think this would be a really attractive style for you done as a blouse.
mhk3boys said... (1/17/11 4:48 PM) Reply
I like your color and the buttons! The fit is pretty good also!
mastdenman said... (1/17/11 4:40 PM) Reply
I like it. Maybe you could wear it with a silky blouse or sleeveless silky blouse underneath.

Understanding Knit Fabrics