Pattern Reviews> Cutting Line Designs> To the Point (To The Point Origami Coat)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:7/5/04 7:24 PM
Last Updated:7/5/04 7:30 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Batik said... (10/28/10 12:23 PM) Reply
Lovely on you - great proportions. Reminds me of the lead actress in Enchanted April.
Claudia Resch said... (7/12/04 7:03 PM) Reply
Looks wonderful on you. Much nicer to see on a real person. I have that fabric too - mmm....
MaryBeth said... (7/6/04 10:48 AM) Reply
Just too incredible, Ann. You're a genius in combining fabric and pattern and I'm now dedicated to paying close attention to your choices, being the total deunce I am!
lilhoney57 said... (7/6/04 10:17 AM) Reply
Fabulous! I love it on you!
Ann Smith said... (7/6/04 10:09 AM) Reply
MaryBeth, I bought the fabric last December from for only $1.99/yd. Total cost for coat $5.00! I think it may be a home dec fabric.
D1Diva said... (7/6/04 9:27 AM) Reply
Your review makes me want to try one of her patterns, although maybe something not quite as dramatic to start with. Your coat is really beautiful! I also love your necklace - it really pulls the whole look together!
Kathryn said... (7/6/04 9:25 AM) Reply
Ann, you've done it again--made the perfect garment to showcase a piece of spectacular fabric. Great job! I would love to be a fly on the wall and peek into your closet--I bet it's filled with equally fantastic garments--but then there's always that flyswatter thing to worry about...
MaryBeth said... (7/6/04 9:22 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat, Ann! I've been chased off by the one size, too. I can't say enough good things about the fabric you've chosen. Too wonderful! Where/when did you find it? Great review with excellent pictures and details well documented. Thanks again, Ann
Ann Smith said... (7/6/04 1:20 AM) Reply
I didn't reduce the length at all. When I reduced the circumference I just folded straight up and down each pattern piece so I had no redrafting or changing of angles. Very simple process to make the coat narrower.
Modiste Madness said... (7/6/04 0:05 AM) Reply
I am 5'4" and reduced the length even more than Ann and it still worked. I also reduced the circumference extensively. That, however, required a lot of redrafting of angles. I probably get more compliments on this jacket than anything I have mede. Ann is right, it is dramatic looking. Ann, your coat is wonderful. It shows off the drape and your double sided fabric perfectly. You can certainly wear this style.
Ann Smith said... (7/5/04 10:38 PM) Reply
Mudcat: I am only 5'3" tall. The trick is to fold out the extra width and be sure the fabric drapes well.
jlg said... (7/5/04 9:04 PM) Reply
Ann, your coat is fantastic. It is very dramatic but stylish and wearable. It looks great on you.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (7/5/04 8:56 PM) Reply
That sure looks nice on you! Your fabric is perfect for it.
mudcat said... (7/5/04 8:41 PM) Reply
Your coat is lovely, Ann. It looks good and your fabric choice was an excellent one. I like this design but the one size scared me off. I'd swim in it.

Favorite Things Nightie Night Pattern