Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5201 (Sweater set)

Reviewed by:Rebecca D

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Julia Graham said... (10/8/04 5:46 PM) Reply
Rebecca, that fabric is really cool! Color and technique both gorgeous. And I love your "psychological reflections" category! :-)
Rebecca D said... (7/8/04 7:15 AM) Reply
I did clip the vertical lines open and I may never have the patience for it again. I'm grateful to NPR news radio for their continued support during sewing projects. Thanks for all the kind words, everyone.
AnneM said... (7/8/04 4:33 AM) Reply
Are you saying that you clipped those vertical lines open? I like it, but wouldn't have the patience for that. I like the top, and you are right - the uneveness you mention really isn't noticable.
cindyann said... (7/7/04 12:09 PM) Reply
What a wonderful way to change a fabric. Beautiful color and a nice texture. Thanks for the review.
D1Diva said... (7/7/04 10:23 AM) Reply
You would never know by looking that the bow was hiding anything. Looks better than most RTW. Great job and very inspiring review!
Lisa Laree said... (7/7/04 10:08 AM) Reply
Wow, you tried a lot of new techniques here! Love that color! I currently have a project that I did the ' fling myself at the machine after spending hours and hours pondering a project and all the careful thought is not accompanied in careful sewing' thing on, too...so it's going to be a teense shorter than I planned; nice to know I'm not the only one plagued by reckless optimism! ;)
JoleneF said... (7/7/04 10:06 AM) Reply
You really did a great job with this and I like the effect of sewing the seams the way you did.
PVA said... (7/7/04 10:04 AM) Reply
I love your fabric, and the way you used it to get the more flattering look! The color is lovely! I have a white knit fabric I found at a yard sale, and I'm going to use the dye to get a really soft green -- thanks for the idea!
Rebecca D said... (7/7/04 9:21 AM) Reply
There is a picture to post, but I am having my usual troubles remembering how to get it there and I have to go to work. Aaargh. Yea, I got it there.

Amy Butler AB043HR