Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2289 (Misses loose-fitting tunic)

Reviewed by:SondraG

About SondraGstar
TX USA
Member since: 7/14/08
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:1/21/11 11:33 AM
Last Updated:1/21/11 11:37 AM

Susan Dryer said... (12/14/11 6:43 AM) Reply
I made up this tunic in a lovely crinkled stretch velvet as a gift for my aunt who was sick with a horrible cold. (My fabric was not too thick; it was easy to handle but not easy to sew. Even so, it turned out beautiful in the cheerful, soft stretch velvet). She lives in Chicagoland and her house is often quite chilly. She likes it a lot and finds it toasty. She said she would like another top like it.
Pianomomma said... (1/27/11 2:15 AM) Reply
Your tunic looks really nice on you! I'm just finishing the same pattern and noticed the same issue with the collar--the wrong side of the fabric with the hemmed edge is predominant at the neckline if folded as shown on the cover. I'm using gray fleece which has a decent-looking wrong side and I tried to be very neat with my neckline edge, but I'm not crazy about that detail either. You came up with a good solution--nice job!
Kayseri said... (1/21/11 7:48 PM) Reply
I might have been tricky to assemble but the finished result looks great, cosy and pretty.
michellep74 said... (1/21/11 1:55 PM) Reply
Cute tunic--this looks very comfortable!
nicegirl said... (1/21/11 1:45 PM) Reply
It looks very cozy, perhaps because of all those layers! I like the length of the sleeve, it's very flattering on you.

Favorite Things Nightie Night Pattern