Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4198 (Khaliah Ali Coordinates)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash - 2011 Contest
Reviewed by:Kayseri

About Kayseristarstar
Member since: 4/21/09
Posted on:1/21/11 6:03 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

Annette1 said... (1/23/11 5:16 PM) Reply
Well, they may not FEEL very good, but they LOOK great! :o) I know what you mean, though. If something isn't comfortable, it doesn't get very much wear around here. :o)
JETrinity said... (1/23/11 1:36 PM) Reply
Maybe the 4 cm wedge is making the crotch length in the back not feel correct and pulling down on the waistband?
Hilary said... (1/22/11 3:51 PM) Reply
I too think these look really nice on you; from your description I would shorten the front crotch a little more and lengthen the back crotch length. They look so nice already, and I bet with just a little more tweaking you might find them very comfortable! Thanks for a great review!
psm484 said... (1/22/11 1:09 PM) Reply
Silhouette pattern has a great pant fitting video that might help! Fun to watch anyway.
Dee2 said... (1/22/11 11:56 AM) Reply
I agree with others here--I think these look very nice on you, good fit & flattering length. Hope you consider giving it a tweeking or at least can use some of the knowledge from this pattern on your next project. Thanks for the review!
Kayabunga said... (1/22/11 11:52 AM) Reply
I agree with you, Kayseri. While the pants look quite nice from the front, the back pic explains in a flash why you don't find them very comfortable. You have a nice shape and this crotch just looks as though it is not shaped appropriately for your body. There are lots of patterns out there, keep on trying until you find the perfect one for you. I'm about to try Silhouette #3200, it's just a basic pant pattern but once you have the fit, you can make them any style you want. Good luck and thanks for sharing.
antiquelvr56 said... (1/22/11 5:39 AM) Reply
I agree w/ o3b, your pants fit you very well. We all know how hard fitting pants is, and you did a great job - they look wonderful! I'd think with some minor tweaking ( only for your comfort), you'd find this to be a TNT. I hope that you reconsider and try this one again. I think I'll give it a try as well. Thanks for the reveiw and best of luck!
Kayseri said... (1/22/11 2:25 AM) Reply
What makes them not comfy: the waistband doesn't sit on the waist readily; the crotch feelss too long when standing, but the back waistband pulls down when sitting. If I loved the pants I'd redo the waistband but it doesn't seem worth the effort.
o3b said... (1/22/11 1:58 AM) Reply
I was surprised to read that you didn't like this pattern. My first thought when I looked at your photo was that you achieved a very attractive fit (i.e. the pants hang well on you). Of course I don't have anything to compare that to, but your pic is nice. What do you think it is that makes the pants not very comfortable?

by: BenaeQuee