Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1207 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:Julia Bobbin

About Julia Bobbinstarstarstar
Member since: 11/20/10
Posted on:1/26/11 1:44 AM
Last Updated:1/26/11 2:27 PM
JETrinity said... (2/19/11 12:07 PM) Reply
You look great in it because of all the hard work you did to fix it up.
lakaribane said... (1/31/11 9:06 AM) Reply
Thanks for your explanations, Julia! So you made a Pacman like Cidell would say, LOL! So CB was shortened but the side seams remained the same length, I get it now!
nicegirl said... (1/27/11 7:44 PM) Reply
I have had the same problem with waist pleats. A belt is a good solution. `-) Love this--elegant and sexy at the same time.
SewWil said... (1/26/11 10:26 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. I like your choice of fabric. Looks very nice on you.
annie11 said... (1/26/11 6:51 PM) Reply
Looks great with the black belt and tights! Gorgeous fabric!
Julia Bobbin said... (1/26/11 10:38 AM) Reply
Hi Lakaribane, thanks for your comment and sorry about the confusion! I'm still pretty new to sewing so trying to articulate my methods can be a challenge. Hopefully I can make it a bit clearer. On the back V it hung really loose and folded over clearly exposing the lining. From the top of the v-back to the bottom of the v-back I removed 7cm's by adding a darts along the length of the V with the point of the dart ending near the side seams. If you look at my picture of the low back closely, you can see the darts. The shoulders were also quite wide, though I don't have particularly narrow shoulders. In hindsight I probably should have gone down a size on the torso and worked from there. Hope this makes things a little clearer, and I'm sorry if I've just confused things more!!
lakaribane said... (1/26/11 8:24 AM) Reply
Love the fabric. I have a few questions: you said you have a short torso but you mention taking it in the sides. I'm a bit confused. Wouldn't that mean you narrowed it to fit closer? Short torso = length alteration vs width alteration, non? Do you have narrow shoulders? Because the neckline looks really wide and you say it fell down on you before you took it in. TIA for clearing it up for me.
BillieJean said... (1/26/11 6:30 AM) Reply
I don't think this could ever look frumpy. Really pretty.

by: CissieW

You Sew Girl 90mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 90mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)