Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8333 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE JACKET)

Reviewed by:Kemish

About Kemishstar
Member since: 4/24/06
Posted on:1/26/11 11:16 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
wordchick said... (2/29/12 5:26 AM) Reply
It looks great on the form...sorry to hear you weren't pleased. It's on my cutting room table now. Thanks for the review!
VirginiasDghter said... (1/28/11 11:18 AM) Reply
This is a nice jacket! The fabric is gorgeous. Hope it grows on you!
mesewlot said... (1/27/11 10:10 PM) Reply
I, too, am sorry that you're not happy with your jacket, but from what I can see, looks like you did a fantastic job...I hope that you will find it wearable!
nicegirl said... (1/27/11 2:09 PM) Reply
Such a bummer to hear this doesn't make you happy. It looks impeccable!
manola6176 said... (1/27/11 12:13 PM) Reply
Too bad. It happened to me too. LAst year I took part in a Chanel jacket SAL and I spent a tremendous amount of time on the jacket. I am not so pleased with the result and have not worn the jacket so much but I learned a great deal though.
jewelsew said... (1/27/11 11:45 AM) Reply
I think it looks great! Time may help, as I found recently when I tried on a jacket I made 3 years ago and now, I love it.
Dynamo said... (1/27/11 9:33 AM) Reply
Your work is impressive, even if you don't like the end result! I also enjoyed your blog!
cleverclogs said... (1/27/11 6:07 AM) Reply
I'm hoping that I can undo a top that, like your blazer, just doesn't feel right and make something else from my expensive fabric. Would your wool, lining and buttons be fabulous remade as a vest?
mollyshark said... (1/27/11 5:56 AM) Reply
Oh boy have I done that. Learning what looks good in the final project is such a huge part of it. No different in RTW. How many times do we buy something, wear it once at home, and there it hangs. If you hate the jacket, snip off those buttons, put on some less glam ones and give away the jacket. The buttons are great fun and you'll use them on something "right."
Sewphisticated Artisan said... (1/27/11 1:20 AM) Reply
The jacket looks pretty good to me. Better than I could have sewn. Sometimes we are our own worst critics. I am a victim of doing that myself.
homejewel said... (1/27/11 0:54 AM) Reply
Well, it looks gorgeous hanging, but feel sad for you that it didn't turn out as you had hoped. You do amazing work.

by: Jemajyng