Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1220 (misses dress and belt)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash - 2011 Contest

Posted on:1/29/11 9:51 PM
Last Updated:1/30/11 9:01 AM

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Accessories
Sue Parrott said... (6/29/11 10:35 AM) Reply
Great review and I love the fabric you choose!
renren said... (5/6/11 10:04 AM) Reply
This dress is wonderful! It seems that more and more of these V1220 patterns are showing up in the gallery to great acclaim--and yours was the 1st! You started a great trend.
arianamaniacs said... (4/2/11 8:32 AM) Reply
Loooove it! Black/white silver - my favorite combo too. And in my size! Do you accept credit card payments? ;) I thought I'd already added you to my favs... must do that now...
Barbara V said... (3/24/11 4:23 PM) Reply
Lovely dress and fabric. It looks great on you with both self tie and optional belt.
Tjacobs said... (2/27/11 0:38 AM) Reply
wow you have shoes to match that marvelous fabric!
Ann Smith said... (2/26/11 11:14 PM) Reply
Looks great both with the sash and the belt. Really looks very different with the contrast belt.
Gordita1616 said... (2/17/11 3:09 PM) Reply
So wonderful. I just got the pattern today and was looking for ideas for fabric choices. I like the fabric you used. Your dress is great.
lamstu said... (2/11/11 7:14 AM) Reply
Love it! So helpful to know about the real life experience with this interesting pattern.
Barbara V said... (2/10/11 12:00 PM) Reply
Pretty dress! Your version is well done and looks lovely on you. I will be getting this pattern.
Knitters Delight said... (2/2/11 1:24 PM) Reply
Way to whip up a dress with this new pattern. Fabulous job!
Rosesred said... (2/2/11 1:22 PM) Reply
great review! Very good to know that it'll need reworking not to show the wrong side of the fabric, and all the detailed info about construction is very useful. The dress itself is very pretty!
MilongueraThreads said... (2/2/11 12:14 PM) Reply
Very pretty!
Noiresque said... (2/2/11 10:17 AM) Reply
I came from the Tim Gunn Sew Along page. Stunning, loti. This is one of the prettiest shirt-dresses I have ever seen.
Olivia Sews said... (2/1/11 11:06 PM) Reply
Oh Loti!! It looks great! I am definately getting this pattern!
Ciclista said... (2/1/11 4:24 PM) Reply
Fab dress!! And your shoes with the self belted version are perfect. I want to make this from something in my stash that isn't stretch. If I allow a bit more ease do you think I could make this with a cotton/linen woven fabric?
E1izabeth said... (1/31/11 10:45 AM) Reply
Great job! This dress is my favorite from the latest round of new patterns from Vogue. I'm about to make this dress in a blue shirting so I'm thrilled to see your review now. Just love your fabric and all of the tips in your review.
Dobedowawa said... (1/31/11 9:44 AM) Reply
Thank you for the informative review. I love you version, looks comfy and cool for the warm (lets hope) summer ahead! I am making a muslin now .. have to shorten the waist-shoulder length. And will hopefully cut in a day or so. I have not paid any attention to the wrong side of the fabric issues, and you have brought those to light.
SewWil said... (1/30/11 6:17 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Great job.
Dei said... (1/30/11 4:45 PM) Reply
Wow. I'm impressed. When I originally saw the pattern I wasn't that interested, but now I see I almost missed the boat. It looks great on you. Thanks for the info about fabric selection.
Christas said... (1/30/11 2:51 PM) Reply
Such a pretty dress!!!
michellep74 said... (1/30/11 1:58 PM) Reply
I can't believe how quickly you got this pattern made up! I bought this right away--it's my favorite out of the new Vogue catalogue. I love your versions--thanks for what will be a really helpful review.
imsewcrazy said... (1/30/11 12:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! I love the fabric! The dress looks wonderful on you. I agree, you should make a few more.
drsue said... (1/30/11 12:04 PM) Reply
Looks fabulous on you!
nellc said... (1/30/11 10:01 AM) Reply
Your dress looks great, I have just bought this pattern so it is nice to see a positive review of it.
carolynw said... (1/30/11 9:48 AM) Reply
I love your dress - although not much of a dress wearer I think this is one pattern I must have a closer look at. Thanks for your very helpful review
becca a said... (1/30/11 9:17 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! I have this pattern, and will need to move it up the queue.
Kim12469 said... (1/30/11 8:24 AM) Reply
Great dress! I love to see the new patterns made up so quickly...I will put this on my to sew list for sure! Thanks for adding pictures of it on you. It looks wonderful! I think this has moved up in the queue for sure!
trinicity said... (1/30/11 7:33 AM) Reply
this came out really good, good job
Sewphisticated Artisan said... (1/30/11 1:34 AM) Reply
Must have this pattern. The dress looks great!
Phasionz by M said... (1/29/11 11:37 PM) Reply
Great job! Thanks for the review...this is actually next on my sewing queue! Starting it tomorrow! I will definitely use this as a reference! Thanks again!
loti said... (1/29/11 10:38 PM) Reply
It looks better on, than on the dress form but the camera battery was fading. I'll try and post better pics tomorrow.
Laurasews said... (1/29/11 10:15 PM) Reply
Wow. The fabric may be stash fabric, but this pattern is fresh off the presses. I was just looking at the Vogue magazine and wondering what it would look like made up by a PR seamstress. Thanks for sewing it! I would love to see it on you. May have to get this one.

More Knits