Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6828

Last Updated:7/9/04 5:36 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
LM2HYD said... (3/14/13 8:18 AM) Reply
I'm a little confused...Your dress is really beautiful, but it doesn't look a thing like New Look 6828. Could it be a different pattern number/company?
jomtl2002 said... (4/29/10 10:34 PM) Reply
Very pretty! I've never made anything on the bias before but now I feel encouraged. To answer your question about the missing page, I just have the French instructions but basically they say to hem the dress and lining separately, but with the lining 1/2" shorter.
Frogstitcher said... (6/15/06 10:37 AM) Reply
This dress popped up on the scrolling sidebare and attacted my eye immediately. Gorgeous. You did a fabulous job and your fabric slection is exquisite. I love that it is bias cut. Thank you for this review. Hopefully this is a pattern and isn't oop.
PhyllisC said... (6/13/05 12:29 PM) Reply
How did I miss this??? This is so pretty!
RheLynn said... (5/20/05 3:58 PM) Reply
I'm making this dress now. You have a very informative review. I had trouble with the bias cut - my fabric had more stretch than the lining did. I've almost got it worked out.
sonovice said... (8/6/04 6:55 PM) Reply
Great looking dress!!! This is going to be one of the first dress patterns i am going to try!
AnneM said... (7/11/04 8:01 AM) Reply
Very nice. I will put this on my wish list - elegant and simple. Love your version.
jlg said... (7/10/04 5:40 AM) Reply
Very pretty and feminine. It looks perfect for attending a summer wedding.
Jennifer West said... (7/9/04 9:33 PM) Reply
I love your dress. Very pretty fabric.
SandraB said... (7/9/04 9:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. It really looks very elegant.
Debbie Spriggs said... (7/9/04 9:02 PM) Reply
What a pretty dress!
Evatgirl73 said... (7/9/04 8:40 PM) Reply
That is a beautiful dress!! What a gorgeous fabric, very elegant indeed! great job, I bet you'll get lots of compliments on this at the wedding!!
touran said... (7/9/04 5:51 PM) Reply
How lovely. I've been looking for a while now for a good bias dress pattern. Thanks to your review, I'll be getting this one.
seKimberlyso said... (7/9/04 5:41 PM) Reply
Actually this bias cut was great, it hung so perfect, and it behaved nicely when working with it. Both lining and dress are on bias.
seKimberlyso said... (7/9/04 5:40 PM) Reply

alicia said... (7/9/04 5:35 PM) Reply
what a great dress!!! Did the bias act up on you? it's lined with a bias lining? I'm almost ready for a challenge like that. I like the hem.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS
Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS

by: SheBear032...

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Favorite Things A Billfold Pattern