Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6828

Last Updated:7/9/04 5:36 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
LM2HYD said... (3/14/13 8:18 AM) Reply
I'm a little confused...Your dress is really beautiful, but it doesn't look a thing like New Look 6828. Could it be a different pattern number/company?
jomtl2002 said... (4/29/10 10:34 PM) Reply
Very pretty! I've never made anything on the bias before but now I feel encouraged. To answer your question about the missing page, I just have the French instructions but basically they say to hem the dress and lining separately, but with the lining 1/2" shorter.
Frogstitcher said... (6/15/06 10:37 AM) Reply
This dress popped up on the scrolling sidebare and attacted my eye immediately. Gorgeous. You did a fabulous job and your fabric slection is exquisite. I love that it is bias cut. Thank you for this review. Hopefully this is a pattern and isn't oop.
PhyllisC said... (6/13/05 12:29 PM) Reply
How did I miss this??? This is so pretty!
RheLynn said... (5/20/05 3:58 PM) Reply
I'm making this dress now. You have a very informative review. I had trouble with the bias cut - my fabric had more stretch than the lining did. I've almost got it worked out.
sonovice said... (8/6/04 6:55 PM) Reply
Great looking dress!!! This is going to be one of the first dress patterns i am going to try!
AnneM said... (7/11/04 8:01 AM) Reply
Very nice. I will put this on my wish list - elegant and simple. Love your version.
jlg said... (7/10/04 5:40 AM) Reply
Very pretty and feminine. It looks perfect for attending a summer wedding.
Jennifer West said... (7/9/04 9:33 PM) Reply
I love your dress. Very pretty fabric.
SandraB said... (7/9/04 9:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. It really looks very elegant.
Debbie Spriggs said... (7/9/04 9:02 PM) Reply
What a pretty dress!
Evatgirl73 said... (7/9/04 8:40 PM) Reply
That is a beautiful dress!! What a gorgeous fabric, very elegant indeed! great job, I bet you'll get lots of compliments on this at the wedding!!
touran said... (7/9/04 5:51 PM) Reply
How lovely. I've been looking for a while now for a good bias dress pattern. Thanks to your review, I'll be getting this one.
seKimberlyso said... (7/9/04 5:41 PM) Reply
Actually this bias cut was great, it hung so perfect, and it behaved nicely when working with it. Both lining and dress are on bias.
seKimberlyso said... (7/9/04 5:40 PM) Reply

alicia said... (7/9/04 5:35 PM) Reply
what a great dress!!! Did the bias act up on you? it's lined with a bias lining? I'm almost ready for a challenge like that. I like the hem.
Understanding Interfacings
Understanding Interfacings

The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

SewBaby Prairie Bonnet Pattern

SewBaby Prairie Bonnet Pattern

Jamie Christina Palooza Apron Pattern (JC309PA)

Jamie Christina Palooza Apron Pattern (JC309PA)

by: brissmith