Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Tosca Dress (Tosca Dress)

Reviewed by:mm

About mmstar
NSW Australia
Member since: 1/6/03
Posted on:1/29/11 3:42 AM

everoutlaw said... (9/5/13 7:13 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! You did a fantastic job and love the fabric!
Peggy L said... (3/30/11 7:04 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you review this - and did an excellent job. Great idea to use it as a summer cover-up. I rarely wear dresses anymore so the jury is still out whether I'll get this pattern.
grey ann said... (1/30/11 3:39 PM) Reply
I have to be honest. I usually love Linda Lee's patterns, but this one just looks like - well I can't think what. It is very arty, but unless you are a runway model, I don't think this flatters anyone. You did a nice job with the construction, but as more than a beach coverup, I just don't see it!!!!
marthamyers said... (1/29/11 5:39 PM) Reply
I love your review of this pattern. And the photos are terrific. They really show the lines of the pattern. It DOES make a great hot-weather item. Yours is a winner. I'm wondering if it would spoil the design to raise the armholes enough to wear this as a sleeveless dress? For me, the jury is still out on this one too. I applaud those of you brave enough to make it. The looks are all different, all charming. I'm still warming up to this pattern and was delighted to see another review. Thanks for the tips on the mistakes in the instructions.
DorothyK said... (1/29/11 1:02 PM) Reply
What a good idea to make a summer weight to wear as a coverup for a bathing suit. I think your version is very cute.
pegsewer said... (1/29/11 10:09 AM) Reply
I'm So glad you reviewed this pattern in a summer look! I think it looks great on you and perfect for the beach scene. Can't wait til we get some summer here in the US so I can make a light weight version. Your review was really well-written and very meaningful to me since I had just reviewed the same pattern. Keep on sewing those SW patterns! Peg

by: julliams