Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Trio T-Shirt, Top & Pants (Trio T-Shirt, Top & Pants)

Reviewed by:marthamyers

About marthamyersstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/14/05
Posted on:1/29/11 6:12 PM
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants

Other Projects by marthamyers using this Pattern

Cultured Purl said... (3/24/12 2:23 AM) Reply
Love love love the strpes,( always will) as I am a HUGE fan of anything striped, I bought this pattern just FOR the T top but realized I liked the vest also, can you do an adjustment right under the bustline ( lift up a bit) for lines( which I cannot even notice!) I have the Pamela's Perfect T which she shows how to do this for a perfect T and I LOVE her t's) but no raglan and I love a good raglan both in sewing and in knitting sweaters,,timeless and always in good taste!
JETrinity said... (2/17/11 7:53 PM) Reply
Nicely sewn. I love the neckband that shows only one black stripe. And the brown rust color is so lovely on you. Great job.
Annette1 said... (2/5/11 0:57 AM) Reply
I've never even NOTICED the top on this pattern, but yours have turned out REALLY nice! I may even invest in this pattern, just based on your review. :o)
JillyBe said... (1/31/11 1:37 PM) Reply
Very helpful review; thank you! I'm on the search for the perfect raglan t-shirt; sounds like this one is not it. That said, both shirts look great on you, & the excellent workmanship is obvious!
craftygamma said... (1/30/11 3:45 PM) Reply
I love both shirts, but do have a preference for the striped one--even tho I would never wear a stripe like that. LOL From looking at the pic of the brown one, it appears to me that the armhole is too low and this is why you get the numerous folds. I wish I could give you advice on how to fix it, but I am not a good alteration person.
MaddyGranMa said... (1/30/11 1:19 PM) Reply
Your workmanship is excellent in both garments and I could just sit and look at that for hours, especially the neckband! Wow! I wish I could clone your experience so that my neckbands looked like that! I love looking at the pattern illustrations of the Sewing Workshop Patterns and wonder how they look on real people in the real world and if they would look as nice on a 60-ish Grandmother as they do in the illustrations. So I thank you for your article. It has been very useful to me on many levels!
carolynw said... (1/30/11 9:56 AM) Reply
Love both your tops - especially the striped one.
Christas said... (1/30/11 0:52 AM) Reply
Both of your tops look very nice. I love the striped version. :-)
DorothyK said... (1/29/11 10:43 PM) Reply
Both tops are very nice. Interesting about the armpit problem. I have only made the pants in this group. Your review reminded me that I should try the two tops.
pegsewer said... (1/29/11 9:31 PM) Reply
This is a very good review and I like the top too. You explain the arm problem very well and I learned a lot from reading and looking. Thanks!
Rhoda K said... (1/29/11 7:46 PM) Reply
I like both tops -but partial to the stripes - only because I like stripes ;-)! I agree that the neck fits better on the brown one, a nice color. Thanks for a good review.
FreyaStark said... (1/29/11 6:16 PM) Reply
Two very nice tops. I love the striped version.

by: beanchor