Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6799 (Misses Dresses and Jacket)

Reviewed by:Christas

Last Updated:1/30/11 4:55 PM
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Coat/Jacket

Other Projects by Christas using this Pattern

Mahler said... (2/14/11 10:12 AM) Reply
For me with that jacket, it was love at first sigh. Nothing more to say ;-)))
mssewcrazy said... (2/1/11 8:28 AM) Reply
That is one fabulous jacket-nice work!
blue mooney said... (2/1/11 6:24 AM) Reply
Love the photos of you wearing it! You look great. So stylish!
Ericaeli said... (2/1/11 0:11 AM) Reply
This is such a nice jacket, and I love the bow you added. It looks great on you too.
kidmd said... (1/31/11 10:17 PM) Reply
So cute!! I love the bow!
dingyadi said... (1/31/11 7:20 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! It is so stylish and the bow is fantastic.
JETrinity said... (1/31/11 3:13 PM) Reply
Your bow is the perfect touch and your jacket is a true knock off. Great job. That means you have 11 more jackets to make this year. I'm cheering for you.
JillyBe said... (1/31/11 1:30 PM) Reply
Classic and Cute! I just discovered the triple stitch, which I used as topstitching on a stretch fabric (it has some stretch to it) & I love it! It's great to see it on a woven - I'm definitely going to be using more of it :)
betty bushwacker said... (1/31/11 9:14 AM) Reply
Really sweet Christa. Really YOU!
becca a said... (1/31/11 8:39 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! Your version is so much cuter than Talbots'.
Tarrbaby said... (1/31/11 7:35 AM) Reply
When I opened the picture what flew out of my mouth outloud was OMG that is sooo cute! I may need to knock off YOUR jacket, Talbot's beware!
Fran G said... (1/31/11 7:31 AM) Reply
My immediate reaction to seeing your jacket? "o-o-h, that is one cute jacket!" I can see that a lot of people feel the same way! I like the fitted lower portion of your jacket as opposed to a rather boxy shape..thanks for the wonderful review!
janet said... (1/31/11 7:24 AM) Reply
You are absolutely adorable!!! Love your jacket. I would wear it in a heartbeat. I am a big fan of bows.
Danvillegirl said... (1/31/11 5:28 AM) Reply
Excellent job. Thanks for showing how you did the bow. This is a great looking denim jacket.
Catbird said... (1/30/11 9:40 PM) Reply
I agree 100% with Rhonda in Montreal! I agree with everybody, come to think of it! Beautiful, ladylike, "Christa-worthy" jacket in every way. I adore that topstiching and the perfect buttons and bow. Fantastic!
VirginiasDghter said... (1/30/11 7:50 PM) Reply
What a GREAT jacket! I don't know that I would have ever paid attention to this patter but your jacket is REALLY cute! Nice work! My favorite look is styled with the skirt and boots! Love it!
Carol Mendoza said... (1/30/11 6:39 PM) Reply
Great job! I love it.
lmb09 said... (1/30/11 5:51 PM) Reply
This jacket is so cute and it looks great on you!
callmeRuth said... (1/30/11 5:34 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket, Christa! I like the style!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/30/11 5:33 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! It looks wonderful on you. Excellent review!
RadarRadiance said... (1/30/11 5:30 PM) Reply
Very cute, looks better then your inspiration jacket. It fits very nice, I can see this pattern being used for a lot of styles…love the bow on it!
MelissaB in WA said... (1/30/11 5:17 PM) Reply
Darling jacket and great knockoff!
Christas said... (1/30/11 5:05 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the very nice comments!!! Karendee, the triple stitch on my machine shows three lines of stitches side by side, but when you stitch them out they are stitched on top of each other for a thicker appearance. If you elongate the stitch a tad then it will look somewhat like handstitching. Melody, several cups of coffee were consumed during the sewing of this jacket! :-)
Dei said... (1/30/11 4:50 PM) Reply
What a great jacket. Well done on your knock-off skills. Enjoy the Jacket-a-Month sew along.
Karendee said... (1/30/11 4:15 PM) Reply
Christa, sorry I'm so late in posting. This jacket is just the cutest thing ever, and oh, so well made. Your stitching, pressing and all details are just so perfect. And that bow emphasizing your beautiful face will be the piece de resistance. I know that's not spelled correctly; ask Meggie!!! Anyway, such facial emphasis will be just perfect. Annette tried to describe the triple stitch once and she explains things so beautifully , but I still don't know if I have one. How would I recognize it? Dull but inquiring minds want to know.
Ody said... (1/30/11 3:32 PM) Reply
Just wow and soooooo clever!!! I must have this pattern. I thought about joining the jacket thread, but I don't need that many jackets. However, you are changing my mind. Enabler---I have to have this pattern. How many cups of coffee did it take to make this gorgeous thing??? :)
Dale C said... (1/30/11 1:40 PM) Reply
That denim made such an elegant jacket! I have something similar sitting in my stash, was saving it for home dec stuff, but I think I'll make a jacket from it too. Yours looks great.
Lisette said... (1/30/11 1:39 PM) Reply
Such a cute jacket!
SewWil said... (1/30/11 12:37 PM) Reply
This is a wonderful jacket! I love everything about it. You did a beautiful job on the top-stitching. I'm looking forward to seeing a pic of you wearing it. Thanks for the detailed review.
HeyJane said... (1/30/11 12:27 PM) Reply
How cute !! Your fabric, buttons and topstitching look way better than Talbots' version! Enjoy!
Diane E said... (1/30/11 11:55 AM) Reply
Christa, what a beautiful jacket! Love the topstitching, and the bow is such an especially feminine touch in denim.
Paris75008 said... (1/30/11 11:39 AM) Reply
Yours is nicer than Talbot's. Looks better made too! That top stitching is very impressive. Love it!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (1/30/11 11:38 AM) Reply
A "Christa" feminine blue jeans jacket--perfect for your style and soul, me thinks ;)
pinsand said... (1/30/11 11:21 AM) Reply
Beautiful and great photos!
Barbara V said... (1/30/11 11:05 AM) Reply
Very cute, Christa. I love the elegant detail of the bow and loop on the neck band as well as the most attractive topstitching. Great job!
Lori V said... (1/30/11 10:40 AM) Reply
Wonderful jacket and very helpful review.
KG2 said... (1/30/11 10:06 AM) Reply
Love it! Talbots inspired you and you have inspired me! I already have this pattern!
nellc said... (1/30/11 10:05 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket!
carolynw said... (1/30/11 9:52 AM) Reply
This is so beautiful - I like it much better than Talbots. Great work makes this a real knock out (off) smile. Must get this pattern.
Rhoda K said... (1/30/11 8:47 AM) Reply
Love your jacket! A nice change to a regular "jean jacket". Beautiful workmanship!
birdmcfarland said... (1/30/11 8:05 AM) Reply
That is fabulous in every respect. Thanks for the link for the denim. I like to support American companies and have been looking for decent denim for ages.
trinicity said... (1/30/11 7:30 AM) Reply
I love the bow, now this is a cute denim jacket
Sigrid. said... (1/30/11 7:06 AM) Reply
Beautiful Christa, your version is a great interpretation of the inspiring jacket. Good basic with a twist.
Kbenco said... (1/30/11 7:04 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous. I love the bow, and the colour is beautifully subdued and elegant.
BillieJean said... (1/30/11 6:46 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and extremely helpful review. Thanks!
Peggy L said... (1/30/11 6:27 AM) Reply
Wow!! What a fun jacket.
FreyaStark said... (1/30/11 5:40 AM) Reply
Very smart, and beautiful work, too. A matching pencil skirt would be great, too, if you had any more fabric.
AnitaJ said... (1/30/11 3:49 AM) Reply
Great knock-off! I love the style/fabric combo of this jacket!
Annette1 said... (1/30/11 2:15 AM) Reply
This is SO cute, Christa! I'm not quite sure who's knocking off whom, because yours looks so much nicer than the Talbot's version to me. The BOW is perfect, as is all of that TOPSTITCHING. The brass buttons are the finishing touch. I can't wait to see pictures of you wearing it. :o)
Sew4Fun said... (1/30/11 1:35 AM) Reply
I love your jacket too! I like the bow you added, plus the button & fabric choice. Great job!
Immelu said... (1/30/11 1:28 AM) Reply
Great jacket!! I just picked up this pattern the other day because of the jacket. The bow is fun!

More Knits