Pattern Reviews> Au Bonheur des Petites Mains> TQH08002 (Tunique plis sur le devant)

Reviewed by:sfshaza

About sfshazastar
Member since: 9/12/07
Posted on:1/31/11 3:57 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Annette1 said... (2/5/11 0:44 AM) Reply
How cute! I wish you'd make a wadder once in a while, just to make me feel better -- ha! I got my coat pattern and the pants pattern, but the pants are WAY too little! I haven't tackled modifying them yet. At any rate, you have ANOTHER WINNER here!
JETrinity said... (2/1/11 12:16 PM) Reply
What a lot of work you did but it was worth it for this lovely top.
Catbird said... (2/1/11 12:04 PM) Reply
Hmmm..."loosely knitted...raveled...very unstable" -- sounds like how I'M starting to feel this winter!! Your new top looks great on you, and as usual you are perfectly tuned in to your own creative-exuberant style, which I love. Keep sewing & keep smiling -- it's contagious!
DorothyK said... (2/1/11 10:45 AM) Reply
Well, Peggy inspired you and you inspired me. I have just ordered a batch of AB patterns and can't wait to get started. This pattern is wonderful and your finished top is beautiful. I'm glad I saw it in person - it's even better. It is impossible to see from the picture how beautiful the fabric is. As difficult as it was to work with, it really is fantastic, and you ended up with a great fit. Kudos.
Sewing Chick said... (2/1/11 8:58 AM) Reply
Tres chic, Shams! I've never used this pattern company before, but maybe I need to freshen up my French and get it.
lesliez said... (2/1/11 0:37 AM) Reply
Gorgeous top. And I love your fabric. I'm going to have to try one of the pattern from this company one day soon.
Christas said... (1/31/11 11:03 PM) Reply
That is one very cool top ..... lovely fabric choice too!
FreyaStark said... (1/31/11 10:54 PM) Reply
A cute and distinctive top.
JillyBe said... (1/31/11 8:30 PM) Reply
LOVE those tuck/pleats in front - looks great on you! One of these days you'll be my inspiration to gather enough courage to try a foreign language pattern ;-D
sfshaza said... (1/31/11 8:18 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone. :) Ann, I think it is designed for negative ease at the bust. I certainly ended up making it smaller than my actual bust, in the end.
Ann Smith said... (1/31/11 8:08 PM) Reply
Love it. Great style for you and maybe me too! How could a size 46 have only a 40" bust? That's wacky. Kudos to you for handling the fussy fabric so well.
Barbara V said... (1/31/11 7:56 PM) Reply
That is really a neat top! The style design which is quite unique looks terrific on you. You handled the "PAIN of a fabric" well because it turned out beautifully.
marthamyers said... (1/31/11 6:15 PM) Reply
Intriguing design - great look for you. Thanks for reviewing these patterns. They are so unique and stylish.
michellep74 said... (1/31/11 4:27 PM) Reply
Really pretty tunic! I have no familiarity with this pattern company, but I love this design and your finished garment!

Deer&Doe Jupe Chardon