Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5705

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:2/1/11 2:11 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
cmarie12 said... (10/8/11 12:27 PM) Reply
What an absolutely fabulous dress! I love how you altered the pattern to work for you yet still feature that amazing collar!
ReginaLit said... (3/1/11 8:47 PM) Reply
You look great, thanks for the review I will make the change at the waist to get this look as well.
Annette1 said... (2/5/11 0:33 AM) Reply
I would have never dreamed this dress came from that pattern. :o) I really like your modifications (elimination of the waist seam and the elastic at the hem). You look SO good in this! I love that draped hood/collar, too. :o)
Barbara V said... (2/1/11 10:43 PM) Reply
I love your dress and the changes you made to it. The fabric looks wonderful.
Kayseri said... (2/1/11 6:17 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress. I like how you've removed the blousing at the waist, it makes it very sleek.
AnneM said... (2/1/11 3:34 PM) Reply
I wouldn't have looked twice at this pattern either, but your dress is great. Your tweed-looking knit is such a wonderful selection for this. (The camera flashes I think penetrate fabric more than regular room lighting. At least, that's my theory.)
Christas said... (2/1/11 12:07 PM) Reply
Another beautiful garment sewn by you! I can almost recognize your garments in the gallery without seeing your face. You have such a distinctive style. Soooo pretty!
DorothyK said... (2/1/11 10:53 AM) Reply
This is a stunning dress - even nicer in person, I may add, because it is impossible to see how beautiful the fabric is from the picture. The dress is very flattering.
RadarRadiance said... (2/1/11 10:34 AM) Reply
I really like this on, I wouldn't have even looked at this pattern otherwise. Now I'm thinking of mat'l for it!!! Very nice and great fit, love your choice of mat'l and alterations for this dress.
SewWil said... (2/1/11 9:48 AM) Reply
Very nice dress. Looks great on you. Love your fabric choice for this dress.
KathleenS said... (2/1/11 3:55 AM) Reply
I like your fabric choice. It's a good match to the pattern and a stylish winter dress.
FreyaStark said... (2/1/11 2:26 AM) Reply
I like that, too. A smart dress.

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2015-107

by: MrsCharism...

by: Lori V

Sew Liberated Simple Skinny Jeans Pattern

Sew Liberated Simple Skinny Jeans Pattern

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)