Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5305 (Tank Dress Group)

Reviewed by:mudcat

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

mudcat said... (8/16/04 8:00 PM) Reply
Sherril, you wanted to see full body shots so this was the best I could do. :) .......................................... Melissa, I had trouble keeping the elastic stretched out while trying to keep it even with my marking.The fabric is fairly light weight and I didn't want to pin it because I was afraid it would rip.
MelissaL88 said... (8/16/04 6:07 AM) Reply
Alice, Nice dress! It looks like it fits well. What kind of problem(s) did you have with the elastic? How did you try to put it on? I've got my dress cut out and the elastic is waiting to be applied. TIA!
Sherril Miller said... (8/16/04 2:45 AM) Reply
Alice, I like this dress very much, but what have you done to your face--you look as white as a ghost! LOL
Neefer said... (7/17/04 11:05 AM) Reply
I think it looks great. You might get the look of more waist definition if you shorten it a bit. It won't go in any more, but when a top hits you just below the waist, you get the look of waist definition.
MaryBeth said... (7/17/04 7:47 AM) Reply
Alice: from what I can see this new top fits great through the shoulders and bust. The waistline area looks like it is just skimming your figure and I like that. It's really hard to tell what exactly is going on there. All in all the fabric is great and it looks like a great fit, too.
Doris Stewart said... (7/17/04 7:18 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. It' nice to see a different version and I think it looks very comfortable. Fits you well.
mudcat said... (7/14/04 9:12 PM) Reply
Mary Beth, it's low but some of us have very little cleavage so it's not apparent. The armholes look small in the photo but really they're not tight at all.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (7/12/04 7:34 PM) Reply
I like the neck and shoulder shaping, very flattering!
Annette H said... (7/12/04 4:36 PM) Reply
Really like this top on you - and PLEASE share the tank dress with us - I think it looks interesting.
Hilary said... (7/12/04 7:48 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I agree about the photos looking nothing like the what the camera sees-I think for me I'm pleasantly deluded, and then I see the picture :oO its quite an eye opener :p You look good in your top-hope you review the tank dress when you get around to making it!
MaryBeth said... (7/11/04 11:11 PM) Reply
Thanks for showing your version of the pattern, Alice. Your view E doesn't seem at all too low but also the armholes are very high. Someday I'll get to make this pattern up, I hope so I can end the Yes/No mystery of the pattern for myself!

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Islander Shirt Pattern Pattern