Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2610 (vintage vogue (1947))

Viewed 2047 times

Last Updated:7/12/04 10:43 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Sweater knit fabrics

ceejayem said... (1/27/14 6:19 AM) Reply
Huge thanks for this review, I have been eyeing it off and contemplating chasing it down even though it's OOP, but it sounds far too problematic for my skill level. Yes I once resolved never to buy another pattern without a photo, but sometimes my resolve weakens. And the vintage drawings are particularly deceptive!
jaqi said... (2/25/10 1:54 PM) Reply
Everything this reviewer said is absolutely correct. I Just finished a muslin of the bodice top with the exact same result. It's heartbreaking, because I loved the design so much. My shoulder forward posture didn't help matters. I don't think I have the heart to try and alter this one. Too much work - not enough skill.
YvetteO said... (12/26/06 6:31 PM) Reply
Thankyou so much for this comment. I was going to make this to wear at my daughter's wedding, with some lovely silk. But having a large low bust, it would have been a disaster! Thankyou for the warning, I will try something else. Wow - pattern review.com saves the day again.
fuzzygalore said... (7/7/06 4:05 AM) Reply
Oh bummer... I thought it'd make a really great top. Better try something else, thanks for taking the lumps for us.
AnneM said... (7/13/04 6:15 AM) Reply
Humph! What a neat looking pattern; so sad that it didn't work out. I wonder if it would work for us small-busted folk, although I doubt it since you mention that the bust marking on the pattern is below the gathers (now that really does not make sense! ). Thanks for the review & information.
Jennie Pakula said... (7/12/04 5:24 PM) Reply
Thanks for an honest, helpful review. Very glad you made a muslin first!
minieme said... (7/12/04 5:03 PM) Reply
I've always wondered how this will turn out in real life, thanks for the review.
Annette H said... (7/12/04 4:45 PM) Reply
It looks so pretty in the picture - glad you shared your experience, you will prevent others from similar disasters.
LoriB said... (7/12/04 2:43 PM) Reply
That's too bad this was a dud! It's frustrating when the pattern makers only show stick-figured drawings and not a photograph of a real model (even if she's a stick) wearing the garment. This is especially important for these vintage patterns because the drawings also show 40's-era women held in place by the bras and girdles! Thank you for taking the time to post the review of this. It's yet another reason why making a muslin first is important!
kbrock said... (7/12/04 1:03 PM) Reply
Thank you for your review on this pattern. I made my wedding dress from another Vintage Vogue pattern and it was beautiful - I've been considering tackling this one for a new fancy dress for winter, but will pass on this one...too many other choices. Thank you again for taking your time on this one.

More Knits