Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS

Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1089 (Classix Nouveau 3 Graces T-Shirts)

Reviewed by:JDpenelope

About JDpenelopestarstar
Member since: 9/9/03
Posted on:2/11/11 1:28 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

GoSewGirl said... (3/4/11 5:07 PM) Reply
So sorry to hear things didn't work out. I have this pattern and pretty much exactly your same relevant measurements without the narrow shoulders but I'm long-waisted and 5'4" so the length may not be an issue for me. I really wanted to try this pattern, especially the other views - but I can't say I haven't been warned. Hmmm. Oh, and I do love the fabric too!
nancy2001 said... (2/20/11 4:23 PM) Reply
Joanne, I'm sorry the pattern didn't work for you, but the fabric looks gorgeous on you.
Scheri said... (2/12/11 1:07 PM) Reply
Sorry your disappointed. But thank you so much for your candid review of the pattern.
Patti B said... (2/12/11 9:59 AM) Reply
I like the fabric with your hair -- pretty combination. But life is too short to do any more fiddling with this pattern; it would be on the way to donation at my house. ;-)
JDpenelope said... (2/12/11 3:33 AM) Reply
Thanks to the helpful feedback here and on the message board, I see now that there are some basic fitting adjustments that I probably always need to make to any T shirt pattern, but especially for this Hotpatterns cowl neckline top. A petite adjustment plus slimming down the sleeve pattern would do wonders. Shortening the hem would, too. I haven't even mentioned that I probably also need a forward shoulder adjustment. Thanks, PegL for cutting me some slack! Apparently, you aren't the only one who has had problems with Hotpattern sizing. Jillybe You are right about the belt -- It's the only one I have that fits, but a different color would be better. Barebear Thanks for your thoughtful but frank comments. I appreciate honest feedback -- the top is just too big. And you said it so nicely, too. Much appreciated.
barebear said... (2/12/11 1:01 AM) Reply
Hmm. I like the cowl neck on this, but the sides and shoulders looks too big on you, and I agree, the armholes look too low. Despite already picking a smaller size, maybe it'd be good to go down another size or two in the upper body, and grading sizes around the hips if needed (it looks like the hips fit decently). Maybe it's supposed to look flowy with lots of loose fabric, but it just looks big to me, and may be better as a more fitted shirt. But you know, overall, it still looks good on you despite the problems (and the cowl neckline really seems to suit you nicely). I agree with JillyBe about adding a self-fabric belt or something more coordinating. Alright, enough babble from me. Thanks for the great review. :)
JillyBe said... (2/11/11 10:20 PM) Reply
I think your top looks better on you than you think it does! I'm wondering how it might look with a belt (or sash?) made up in the same fabric, or a fun belt in a coordinating color? Great review, thanks! :)
PegL said... (2/11/11 8:45 PM) Reply
Very good review! The top looks nice on you in spite of all the issues. I've not had good luck with HP patterns. I get sucked in to buying them from the cute drawings on the envelopes but my results with most have been disappointing. In other words, your issues are probably not your fault. ;) P.S. - I miss Cy Rudniks!!!
Christas said... (2/11/11 5:46 PM) Reply
Thanks for your very informative review. For all of your trouble, your top now looks terrific!
Mary Collins said... (2/11/11 5:15 PM) Reply
Man, I hate it when that happens. I'm sorry things didn't work out.
my horse said... (2/11/11 2:07 PM) Reply
Disappointing outcome to a neat looking pattern. Thank you for your detailed review!

StyleArc Barb\'s Stretch Pant