Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1217 (misses dress and slip)

Reviewed by:dingyadi

About dingyadistar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 5/18/07
Posted on:2/13/11 0:01 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Lingerie
devviePuu said... (2/24/11 5:19 PM) Reply
i'm making it as a dress but it's great to see a favorable review--i was afraid the pattern was too new! thanks for the notes about the binding and the tucks--i will keep those in mind when i embark on my own.
AuntyZelda said... (2/23/11 2:57 PM) Reply
This look fabulous! I think I will give it a try. I too, don't think I'd ever wear it as a dress as is. That is way too short for my taste, but saw it's potential as a long top and I love your modification into making it a hip length top.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (2/15/11 5:26 AM) Reply
Your top looks great - thanks for waning us about the length as a dress too! Like carolynw I overlooked this pattern but now I want it!
JETrinity said... (2/14/11 11:41 AM) Reply
I agree with you on making this a top and not a dress. SEW great a fabric and SEW great a sewing job.
dingyadi said... (2/14/11 7:02 AM) Reply
Thanks for the nice comments everyone! Hi Freya Stark, the fabric is from a shop in Perth called Potter Textiles Outlet. Unfortunately they don't seem to have a website, but if you are ever in Perth it is worth a visit.
FreyaStark said... (2/13/11 6:14 PM) Reply
A chic and distinctive top. I prefer it without the box, but of course it's a nice touch for a smarter occasion when you want something dressier. Where did you get the fabric?
Christas said... (2/13/11 5:24 PM) Reply
How feminine and pretty ...... very classy!
Ericaeli said... (2/13/11 1:12 PM) Reply
This looks really nice as a top. I think I like it better as a top actually!
Heatherrique said... (2/13/11 11:35 AM) Reply
Such a chic and charming top! Very nicely done!
carolynw said... (2/13/11 10:05 AM) Reply
This is one of those patterns I looked at and passed over - I am now anxiously waiting for the next Vogue pattern sale - I love your top and find your review a great help as I have a lot of drapey fabric I can try this on.
sharkycharming said... (2/13/11 9:47 AM) Reply
I agree that this is a beautiful top.
joanico said... (2/13/11 8:15 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for this review. When I first saw this pattern, I did not even look twice, because the dress would never be apropriate for my body type and age. But the top is really wonderful! So classy and different!
Ecrulace said... (2/13/11 7:26 AM) Reply
Well done - very attractive
mm said... (2/13/11 7:10 AM) Reply
What a great top. I think it looks much better as a top and you have sewn it very well.
talesofawannabe said... (2/13/11 0:56 AM) Reply